Intercooler seals Part No's? Help

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Hey guys as some of you may know my car has a big problem. I think may be something to do with its boost. As the car has no power and drives awful.

Tomorrow im checking the boost pipes from the intercooler manifold and towards the turbo and am going to be replacing the Seals inside the pipes. I heard that audi made new reinforced boost seals which are green. Does anyone know how many i need and what the part no's are.

Car is a 2.0tdi 140

Thanks

Ditto for this. Mine has been gently weeping at the seal visible at the top/middle/front of the engine bay for some time, and I've been unsuccessful in my hunt for a proper solution to it (i.e. getting rid of the crappy O-ring sealing technique). My oil level light came on today, possibly because I'm losing oil from that boost pipe seal...possibly from other boost pipe seals as well, so I suppose it's time to get to work really. So:

1. How many seals are readily accessible?
2. Are any special tools needed for removal? (I haven't even removed/looked at one in detail yet, as it was dark when I got back tonight)
3. What sort of price do Audi like to charge?
4. If anyone's aware of any uprated versions I haven't come across, feel free to let me know!

Think theres about 8 seals maybe, only 3 are problematic as far as im aware, 2 on the right hand side of intercooler if looking from front of car, and one to the right...

Audi only charge about £3-4 each, and they now do them which are apparently better but ill have to wait to see... is a 10 minute job to make the change with no special tools at all, basically one simple clip and slide in and out of place

Your oil light wouldnt come on because your boost seals are leaking, that will be another issue... unless you just havnt checked it (diesels love to use oil)

Your oil light wouldnt come on because your boost seals are leaking, that will be another issue... unless you just havnt checked it (diesels love to use oil)

Air isn't the only thing that leaks out of a boost pipe seal matey :)

Thanks for the info, £4 a pop is offensive, given an O-ring should cost about £0.12, but it's manageable!

In the 50,000 miles I've had my A3, it hasn't used any oil at all until the last 2,000 or so, round about the time I noticed oil seeping from my boost pipe. My last two diesels didn't use any either - I wouldn't say it's a trait to be attached to diesel TBH. VAG 2.0T engines and Civic Type R engines - NOW you're talking oil consumption! ;)

The thing is mate, there shouldnt be lots of oil enough to drip in the intercooler pipes (i know it will leak from them if its there obv), the only reason it would be there is if your turbo seals are weak or pistonrings/stem seals etc

Anyone got the part numbers for the o rings, as mine are goosed, had a play tonight and wrapped ptfe tape around the seals bit didn't seem to work,

Anyone got the part numbers for the o rings, as mine are goosed, had a play tonight and wrapped ptfe tape around the seals bit didn't seem to work,

I have mate - pm me your email address and I'll send the ETKA page detailing the seals. You can then 'pick a seal' and I'll give you the number of it's not shown.

Will have to be tomorrow morning 'cos I'm off to bed now !!

Cheers mike, you did email me a pic of the boost pipe runs in the engine bay, but it didn't have the seals, if uve got the part numbers that would be great,
I'l pm you now

If someone felt so generous as to post up the relevant pic with part numbers, it would help many others into the future :)

If somebody would be kind enough to explain how I can post an ETKA drawing on here then I will be more than happy to oblige ! :icon_thumright:

And is anyone having trouble on here because I'm finding the forum so slow it's almost impossible to use ??

Could you just state part number please? If you would like to email to me I will host and post it for you the image. snowsportsarelife@talk21.com

I presume 170 and 140 seals are the same. Im ordering a forge kit and will replace all the oil seals too as a matter of course

Cheers

Sheldon

Cheers buddy. It doesnt list BMN so not sure its for 170. Anyone any ideas?

audipressurepipe.jpg

Hi all, I'm after hose no.9 if anyone knows the part number or where to get one from? Don't fancey replacing all hoses for £100+ as Currently in process of getting engine forged and this hose has already split at stage 2+! I have Audi s3 8p. Any help hugely appreciated! Will start a thread on car once in process. Many thanks.