Recently purchased 54 plate 2.0 tdi sport and recalls

sportback A3

Reaction score
Hi , please can anyone tell me, is there any way of checking my cars recall history, and if anything is pending, other than ringing Audi? I phoned them today to order a service pack, oil etc, the operator said there's a recall for my car! I'm hoping its for the flywheel, as i'll have them fit a friction plate at the same time! He didn't want to tell me what it was for hence my message/question

Mark

on the vosa site shows the flywheel as being a recal does this mean even if my car is a 53 plate if it has not been done. It can still be done for free?

I guess so, well if you vin numbers fall within the recall, hence why I started this post, as i'm not certain, but if they are wanting to do this recall on my car, im hoping they will replace my friction plate at the same time foc, if not i'll fund it.. Then remap time

You give your local Audi dealership a ring, I just nipped into mine for a part and asked them to check, as my VIN number comes within the range for the recall, checked it and it hasn't any outstanding recalls.

Why the hell wouldnt they tell you what the recall was for, thats just cretin like, oh btw your cars got a part to be fitted under recall, which part, oh cant tell you that, why, cause its a secret, idiots!!!