I'm struggling to find a set of alloys for my A3.

paul_r

Reaction score
Okay, so its a bit of a plug, but its also a genuine question. As per sig i'm after a set of these alloys. I check Ebay daily, and do the odd search on Gumtree. Most sets are kerbed and go for around £250, but ideally i'd like a set near perfect and would pay up to £400 (as long as they didn't need a refurb).

Any tips, i've been searching about two months. (or should i lower my sights, get a kerbed set and factor in £50/alloys refurb)

yeah i would just get kerbed set if thats all that is avail as they can be repaired easy enough by a wheel place

yup, i agree with ben. you could get some rs6s with plenty of tyre for 400 ish

there is lots of genuine wheels on ebay ive seen rs6 style s-line wheels , new rs4 style s-line wheels, black edition wheels all 18" there is pleanty of 17" too

i just bought an audi a3 and am looking for some new wheels! i have the ones you are after on mine, i can take pics and measure tyre depth if you are interested?

I'm looking for the same set myself! I had planned to go with 18s but with lowering involved I think I'll stick with these.....

Harder to find than I'd hoped as ebay seems to be littered with the 5 spoke rims and replica RS4s
I did find these though - 4 x Genuine 17" Audi Alloy Wheels and Tyres on eBay (end time 15-Mar-11 13:05:57 GMT)

Not planning on getting mine until next month so they're all yours :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
the tyres on them arent the right size they should be 225/45/17. there are the size tyres that i just took off mine as i had these wheels on before getting my 18s.

I'm looking for the same set myself! I had planned to go with 18s but with lowering involved I think I'll stick with these.....

Harder to find than I'd hoped as ebay seems to be littered with the 5 spoke rims and replica RS4s
I did find these though - 4 x Genuine 17" Audi Alloy Wheels and Tyres on eBay (end time 15-Mar-11 13:05:57 GMT)

Not planning on getting mine until next month so they're all yours :icon_thumright:

Depends on the offset. He says they are from an A6, so more than likely they will be ET45. A3 is ET56 which is what i would like.
The average ebay price is around £250 with some kerbing. £400 for undamaged and decent tyres.

Very soon I will be selling the ones in my Sig if anyones interested? They are the optional a3 Sport Parabolic design ones :)

While we are on the subject of alloys I'm after a set of genuine s3 wheels 2007-2009ish ones if anyone knows of a set!

A4 offset is perfect. they'll fill the arches bang on... you missed a bargain there you muppet lol.

i have genuine set of 18" s3 alloys from my 07 plate s3 . they are mint condition , two would require new tyres.

p.m offers/info
thanks

Whats the offset for A4 alloys as I am looking for some but many sellers just say they fit audi a3 etc etc but I need to know the correct offset to fill my arches to avoid spacers.

Whats the offset for A4 alloys as I am looking for some but many sellers just say they fit audi a3 etc etc but I need to know the correct offset to fill my arches to avoid spacers.

generally speaking you're looking for an offset of between 45 and 55. not only are A4 wheels a slightly lower offset (i.e. they stick out more) they're half an inch wider so they look a little meaner.

A4 is ET45 and the A3 is ET56.

BTW, if anyone did have a set for sale, i would be willing to part exchange my present ones. They are the standard 5 arm sport 17 inch alloys.