Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

THULE ROOF BARS - WHICH ONES ?

Hi , i have a 2011 sportback with factory fitted roof rails and want to get some 'Thule' roof bars to fit . Can anyone please tell me which ones i need ? Many thanks .
    2011 A3 SPORTBACK 2.0 TDI 140 , LAVA GREY , COMFORT PACK , INTERIOR LIGHT PACK , HIGH BEAM ASSIST , BLACK HEADLINING , TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR , PRIVACY GLASS , ALUMINIUM ROOF RAILS , REVERSIBLE BOOT LINING & FOLDING MIRRORS .

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Probably best to put your details in here:

Thule - Thule Racks - Rack Fit Guide
    MY2011 A1 TDI Sport
    Amalfi White, Sat Nav, Bose, Xenon Plus, Climate Control, Competition Line Trim, LED Interior Lights, Light & Rain Sensors, Polygon 18" Wheels. Retrofit Armrest, Cruise Control & Gauge Sweep. VCDS.

1st Gear

Status
    I'd get the Audi ones mate ,they look a lot better.

Thule bars are a standard width to fit any car, so for most cars they are too wide, and therefore stick out a bit on each side. The Audi ones with integrated feet look a lot neater.

You can fit Thule bike racks etc to the Audi bars.
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guy's this is a great help . If i were to fit the thule bike racks how many bikes would i be able to safely transport on a sportback ? Many thanks .
    2011 A3 SPORTBACK 2.0 TDI 140 , LAVA GREY , COMFORT PACK , INTERIOR LIGHT PACK , HIGH BEAM ASSIST , BLACK HEADLINING , TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR , PRIVACY GLASS , ALUMINIUM ROOF RAILS , REVERSIBLE BOOT LINING & FOLDING MIRRORS .

1st Gear

Status
    Only used 2 myself, but definitely get 3, maybe 4.

Biggest problem if the bikes are similar size is the handlebars. For 3 bikes best to have the middle one pointing the other way.

4 would work no probs if 2 are kids bikes, or if adult bikes then if you loosened and swivel the handlebars around.

1st Gear

Status
    Thankyou , 2 adult , 2 Childs would be what I would be going for , so i guess alternating them as you say is the key . Would i be better going for the Thule bars as opposed to the Audi with 4 bikes as yak says they are slightly wider , thanks .

On a journey...

Status
    I have the Thule Aero bars and they're great. Watch out when opening you rear boot hatch when carrying a bike rack on the top - the boot won't open fully and you need to be careful of contact between the rear lip spoiler and the bike rack.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp