THULE ROOF BARS - WHICH ONES ?

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i have a 2011 sportback with factory fitted roof rails and want to get some 'Thule' roof bars to fit . Can anyone please tell me which ones i need ? Many thanks . :thumbsup:

I'd get the Audi ones mate ,they look a lot better.

Thule bars are a standard width to fit any car, so for most cars they are too wide, and therefore stick out a bit on each side. The Audi ones with integrated feet look a lot neater.

You can fit Thule bike racks etc to the Audi bars.

Thanks guy's this is a great help . If i were to fit the thule bike racks how many bikes would i be able to safely transport on a sportback ? Many thanks .

Only used 2 myself, but definitely get 3, maybe 4.

Biggest problem if the bikes are similar size is the handlebars. For 3 bikes best to have the middle one pointing the other way.

4 would work no probs if 2 are kids bikes, or if adult bikes then if you loosened and swivel the handlebars around.

Thankyou , 2 adult , 2 Childs would be what I would be going for , so i guess alternating them as you say is the key . Would i be better going for the Thule bars as opposed to the Audi with 4 bikes as yak says they are slightly wider , thanks .

I have the Thule Aero bars and they're great. Watch out when opening you rear boot hatch when carrying a bike rack on the top - the boot won't open fully and you need to be careful of contact between the rear lip spoiler and the bike rack.