aluminium inlays for A3/S3, help!

craig32

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I would be able to get a hold of the aluminium inlay that surrounds the gear leaver and is also on the ash tray?

I need the parts pretty urgently for my S3 however the dealer is looking for about 100 quid for these parts, if anyone knows of a breakers yard or somewhere else I can get a hold of these parts other than the dealers I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction!

I took off the original aluminium inlays and wrapped them in carbon however I need to put standard aluminium inlays back on and the ones I have are heavily scratched where I sanded them down to wrap in carbon!

Thanks in advance folks

£100?

I'd snatch their hands off mate, the full 4 door trims, as tray and gear surround is £480 from the dealer!

They normally fetch £150+ on ebay so good luck!!

Maybe its time to do the nonsmoker conversion? Prob cheaper than getting the ashtray trim & give you more space ;-)

Good idea that would mean I only have to get the gear leaver surround! I'm going out to have a look at the ashtray just now, I know the cigarette lighter should technically come out too but I don't think the dealer would notice if it was just the ashtray missing!

Will report back in 5 mins!

Still think its scandalous that they want about £50 for a decorative surround at the gear leaver, expensive lesson learned I think

ah right cool, and these are available from audi i assume?

yes just ask for the non smoking part i assume lots of people have done this retro fit mate not too expensive either i dont think

if anyone has pictures of this it would be greatly appreciated

found a small picy on the internet see just above the gearstick the bigger space
audia30908int.jpg

Right, I definetly need both the ashtray cover and gear lever surround...tried a few breakers I think I'll have to phone a few more, there must be a couple of parts out there as I can use the same bits off an A3.

Without being funny craig, but are you seriously saying these prices are expensive when you read you sig mate, come on please lol