18" alloys on Sportback TDI sport?

_Steve

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
i like the standard 5-arm lambo-esque 17" alloys that come with the sport model, but i prefer the 17" 5 star alloys more commonly seen on the A4, but what is really nice is the S-line/RS6 18" 5 spoke alloys.

Whilst in the Audi Leeds showroom i asked the sales droid about 18" wheel options on the sportback TDI sport model "Oh no you can't have 18's - they come with 17's only" he said "but i'm sure there is a 14 spoke 18" option on the website!?" said i, "oh no there isn't" he said etc etc...... panto style, but i wouldn't give in until he went to his steam powered green-screen vehicle ordering system and looked up the wheel option, only to say "oh they must have added them" - no "sorry for confusing you there Sir" type response - Duh!

but the next question of mine about trying to order a TDI sport with S-lin alloys was firmly answered "no way" - if you want S-line alloys, buy an s-line.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is this right? surely if you want to add change so many options on your car it becomes a special factory order, then asking for alloys from one model shouldn't be impossible?

Has anyone got S-line alloys built on their non s-line car?

Is there anyone reasonable at a dealer in the north of england who is nice to get along with and willing to talk options? - the service at Audi Leeds was terrible - i was in there 15 mins before one of the 2 sales-folks decided to get up from thier little aluminium pods to "see to me" - i think it was me slamming the bootlids on the showroom cars that made them decide to say "hello". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks Cupramax - the car is a company lease vehicle, so all the options need to be bought at the dealer, and after that Zero mods are allowed, so i want the car perfect, as the next three years will see me regretting not pushing for options when i ordered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

agreed on the dealer side of things! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve said

i was in there 15 mins before one of the 2 sales-folks decided to get up from thier little aluminium pods to "see to me" - i think it was me slamming the bootlids on the showroom cars that made them decide to say "hello".

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
_Steve said:

the service at Audi Leeds was terrible - i was in there 15 mins before one of the 2 sales-folks decided to get up from thier little aluminium pods to "see to me" - i think it was me slamming the bootlids on the showroom cars that made them decide to say "hello". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No offence steve but have you tried saying "hello, could you help me please"? I find it works every time.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i agree - a nice hello usually works fine, but on my many tours of the showroom the 2 sales folks were simply not making eye contact at all with any of the customers in the showroom - a couple of folk left without being seen by anyone on the sales team.

I understand that these chaps may have been busy with paperwork, or returning phone calls, but when you activly walk up to their desks/pods in the hope that they will look up and say hello, or at least make eye contact, so that you can say hello, the only thing left to do was to start opening and closing doors to get attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i was always taught when i was in sales that the first important job you have is to deal with the customers in the shop.. forget about paperwork and customers on the phone... if they really want something they will come into the shop.. but you ring them when no1 is in the shop..

customers first
customers on the phone second

then if you really really really dont have anything to do.. you then do your paperwork.. if it takes you over your daily hours then so be it!

simple really...

yeah whats better..

spending god knows how long with a difficult customer on the phone/shop and all you want to do is get away and go home thus not focusing on the sale at hand...

in my eyes.. paperwork is allways the easy job.. any man can do it... and if you have 300 orders and all the ther guys have 2,3,4, etc... who you things going to be given the paperwork ? them.... and whos going to get the pay rise/commision?? you..

deal with your customers first..... no questions asked.

its tricky for all the dealers to be honest - i'd prefer to use by local audi dealership for the sale, but they don't have any demo's of either DSG A3's or 2.0 TDI A3's, so i'm shopping around the showrooms to see what demos are available at what dealerships.

Off to Lancaster audi in manchester today, and if time permits alexander audi in huddersfield.

The dealer that is most helpful and has options on test drives will be getting the order.

On the subject of test drives, it seems that the dealerships share demo cars across dealer groups - eg Sytner group will transfer cars for demo, but is there a central organised list of demo cars? eg sombody at Audi that i can ring/fax and ask for a demo 2.0 TDI DSG Sportback to be available for demo? - i know some brands bend over backwards to deliver 24 hour demo cars anywhere in the country, might be Jaguar or Merc.

Lancaster Audi in Manchester were better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif a huge outfit with loads of cars there, although still a small showroom. It seems that most places limit themselves to having no more than 6 cars in the glass box.

They have a 3-dr A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line available for demo, but you need to book a few days in advance, so it sounds like its one of the staff cars.

And they gave me the good news that the S-Line sportback is now available to order. ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is no literature yet, but the order system has got the car listed.

You could die in Leicester Audi before any one would come to see you ........

i got my tdi sport from a dealer with oem 18" sline alloys on mine had 17" on as it was an ex demo.
I told them i would have but wanted the 18" alloys off their new demo , They said fine ........