Coilovers Getting Fitted Tomorrow (Afew Questions)

olliea3

Reaction score
Alright Lads (and ladies) Coilovers are being fitted tomorrow , am i going to have any issues with going to low ? i remember when i had my beetle , which is the same as a mk4 underneath , that i either had to have adjustable drop links or a new anti-roll bar , yet my mk5 was fine when coils were all the way down . Do i need to do anything on my 03 a3 tdi fwd ? want coils all the way down on 17" sport wheels , then will life them when 18" go on

Thanks for any help

Which brand of coilovers you're going for mate?

Just the jom ones mate , i had them on both my previous VAG Cars and cant fault them , no point in spending £600 and above when the £200 ones are just as good

Not sure how the coilovers are but if they have spring pre load etc set them off the car dont put to much tension on the spring but tighten them enough so there is no place on the spring seating. Other than that ensure drop links dont hit at full lock.

Its always worth while getting corner weighting done, but try and level the height all around equally, and ensure you have alignment done afterwards as when you remove your old shocks youll more than likely undo the camber bolts etc so that will need to be reset.

Good luck buddy, get some pics up when its done...

Think i'm gonna go for JOM, I wanna get some asap. Seen plenty on Ebay, where did you get yours from?

venom on ebay £199 with next day delivery :p they came yesterday in a nice shiney box !! pics will be up at about 1pm tomorrow :D

let us know how you get on with your coilies mate im going to be fitting mine myself too when i get them , if you come across anything to make them easyer fitting can you let me know cheers matey good luck tomorrow

Im gonna be putting some JOMs or FK AK streets when ive decided which. Will be watching this thread for updates :)