Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

M-tech Brakes - has anyone used them?

MTEC Brakes, Performace Sport Brake Discs

While I've been looking for new discs I came across these which seemed very well priced. I know you get what you pay for but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these brakes? Good or bad?

Thanks
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    to be honest, the OEM discs are pretty good across the Audi range, youll get better value out of better fluid and pads
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    to be honest, the OEM discs are pretty good across the Audi range, youll get better value out of better fluid and pads
    But these are cheaper by about 20 and they come drilled and grooved. Just thought it may be a bit better than standard or even if they are on a par then they are cheaper anyway.

I just wanted to know whether this company were any good or not. I was going to get Pagid pads from Europarts because again they are cheaper than Audi by quite a margin.
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    they will be worse under normal driving conditions as they will have less contact area with the pads than plain disc's
    but on another note mtec are meant to be pretty good so if your after them for styling alone go for it but if your getting them for performance they will have a negative effect unless you drive like your on track all time?
    spend your money on pads that is where you will get the best performance from without changing the actual brake setup!
    just my thoughts

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Trig View Post
    But these are cheaper by about 20
    personally when it comes to braking id rather not skimp for the sake of 20, but then again i dont know their reputation or quality... just on a side note, discs with grooves tend to have a bit more noise and may get a little vibration through the wheel, also with the holes, unless they have used a very good quality steel, then they will be more susceptible to cracking around the holes if driven hard

Pagid are amazing pads... also depends the ones your going for, but as they are more track biased pads, they can be a bit vocal at cooler temps... depending on the compound you go for

i dont want to sound negative or try and put you off anything but as im running a fair bit of power in my car & drive it pretty hard ive spoken to a lot of people, done a lot of research about the pros and cons
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers