Jacking Up An A3

Smoothie

Reaction score
Ok as the title suggests, the jacking points are clearly marked on the sills! But jacking on the pinch weld with a trolly jack can damage it as far as i can see! The little emergency jack is specially adapted for the pinch weld but i wouldn't be too keen on using it TBH

So is there a jack pad i can buy for the trolly jack to save damage to that area? Or is the old fashioned block of wood the only option?

Thanks in advance

mate even my emergengy jack seems to hit my side skirt!

block of wood

Is there nowhere under the front that you can put the trolley jack under? I can do this on my FTO and thought it was standard across all cars. A big fat plate with a cross marked on it for trolley jacks and then i just put a couple of stands under the sides once jacked up.

I've not jacked up my A3 yet so dont know.

Is there nowhere under the front that you can put the trolley jack under? I can do this on my FTO and thought it was standard across all cars. A big fat plate with a cross marked on it for trolley jacks and then i just put a couple of stands under the sides once jacked up.

I've not jacked up my A3 yet so dont know.

You can do that on my MR2 aswell, but don't think there's anyway on an A3 like that, might be a Jap thing.
The emergency Jack is alright for changing a wheel but I wouldn't trust getting under it. Does it not go high enough to get axle stands under it?

I would love a little lift like that.

There are people that sell pinch weld adaptors to go into your trolley jack to save buggering up the sill etc, I will see if I can get a link, I know there is a guy on DW that sells them.
You could just blue peter it and make your own with a solid block of wood, just cut a channel for the car to sit on?

yes like that on a lot of cars but the A3 jacking points are on the pinch weld as i said! Found the job here on goole images, but cant seem to find where to buy:

jackpad1.jpg

Must look into some axle stands, i don't need to get underneath the car as such! Purely for a cleaning session of arches, wheels etc

I have mailed the guy who does these, see if he doesnt mind me posting his email addy, i will keep you posted.

CIMG3147.jpg

Can get those on ebay without the section cut out, only £6! As its rubber i couldn't see it damaging the pinch even without the section cut out! Could be just what i'm after for the trolley

Just stick the jack in and fire it up - been doing it to my last 2 audi's and they are grand

The jack in the boot is useless, catches the side skirt :(

Just stick the jack in and fire it up - been doing it to my last 2 audi's and they are grand

The jack in the boot is useless, catches the side skirt :(

no chance lad, it damages the pinch breaking off the protective stuff! Jack Pads FTW

To be honest i would just use a block of wood

I could do with one of those with the cut out, ive measure my trolley jack and need one about 4 and a half inches accross

I have mailed the guy who does these, see if he doesnt mind me posting his email addy, i will keep you posted.

CIMG3147.jpg
I got some of those off Bero on DW too, I had offered to post details of the pads on a couple 4x4 forums I use which he was more than happy with.

Last edited:
Brilliant!!

I jacked up my car yesterday with a trolley located at that section under the flap without any blocks. It worked but it didn't feel too secure to be honest.

Thanks Mike.

If I wasn't on a crappy Windows PC running IE6, then I would click the Thanks button (but it's missing) :)

Glad to be of help boys - I'm ordering mine tomorrow so I'll let you know the exact prices :icon_thumright:

I wondered where the buggers fixed into, I'll have a looksy tomorrow.

Hi guys - just ordered the parts

The cheap one is £1.84 inc vat and the expensive one is £3.60 inc vat !

Leeds Audi tell me they should have them by 10.00 am in the morning !!

Cheers

Strangely shows 1 as a TT bung & other as S3.

Unless I am very much mistaken I thought I saw some 'rubber jacking points' on my S3 front and rear??

Still didn't use the front ones that being said...

**Definitely got these on my chassis already - just double checked.

Last edited:
Clearly they're all the same then ! :icon_thumright:

Not neccessarily mate, 1 part comes up ONLY on the TT & other ONLY on the S3, so who knows huh as page shows for S3 has multiple versions aswell, investigations needed.

Not neccessarily mate, 1 part comes up ONLY on the TT & other ONLY on the S3, so who knows huh as page shows for S3 has multiple versions aswell, investigations needed.

Will let you know when I've got them tomorrow.

BTW both come up on A3 on my ETKA !! (update 847)

Yes they do mate in atp, but when you check the model column it says S3.

Update 848.

Have you got ETKA version 7.3 ?

I've been updating regularly but can't download update 848. A pop-up in German seems to say something like please install version 7.3 before trying to update !

UH oh, I havnt had that message as yet & yes I know there is an update now of 7.3, been hunting it down, no success as yet.