Pads and Discs upgrade

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I need to replace my pads (front and rear) and possible the discs too.

I dont really want to replace them with standard Audi pads/discs as I'd like to upgrade them slightly without spending loads (and I'd imagine that OEM Audi are probably expensive for what they are).

Do any of you have any recommendations of what and where to buy?

Ebay?

Maybe S3 brakes? Or even TT RS?

I looked into it and after i really thought about it i am really happy with my brakes. After driving my brothers alfa romeo and a few other cars it made me realise that my brakes are actually REALLY good.

I've just had a price from Audi at £48.88 each for the front discs. I can get Pagid discs for £33 each from Europarts. Are there any differences between them?

Also, standard discs are 288mm x 25mm. I take it that I cant go any bigger than this size without having to spend a lot on new calipers etc?? Or can I go bigger on the discs without having to touch anything else (other than pads of course)?

Unless you intend to tune the engine for big power i would save your money. Change the pads to Ferodo DS2500. Discs when drilled or grooved is just a visual thing really so take your pick but EBC discs are good price ( pads are ***** though ) or if you want to go mad get some great Tarox G88 discs.

Agent Trig, I have a brand new pair of Ferodo front brakes discs (288x25mm) if your interested in exchange for some beer tokens. I'm only down the road in Telford. PM me!

Cheers

Neil

Agent Trig, I have a brand new pair of Ferodo front brakes discs (288x25mm) if your interested in exchange for some beer tokens. I'm only down the road in Telford. PM me!

Cheers

Neil

Ah too late, I've just ordered some Mtec discs. How much would you of taken for them out of interest?