Booked in for Remap!

Joereynolds89

2010 Facelift!
Reaction score
Booked in for remap at R-Tech in Hinkley friday morning...

Seen someone praise them on here and a few followed suit so seems good

Only a stage one, soo all going well should be leaving with 180ish bhp :) however i am aso having the egr delete mapped out for me... Question is which is the best delete kit i can buy??

Also if all goes well, after ive paid for my new side skirts and respray (have coilovers coming, my11 rear lights, and have just spent a fair bit getting the rns-e etc fitted) ill be going stage 2 at the same company with full exhaust, hybrid etc... nice to have a company close by :)

Will leave feedback once ive been to help others decide where to take theres

Price is £285 i believe, however on the phone they said they would do me for £250 as a forum member :D

Oh and a new picture of the car as i havnt posted for awhile (ignore the gap from bonnet to bumper left side... its fine its just the angel i took the picture)

4c6d8057.jpg

Joe

Nice!! What engine have you got!

I want to get mine done soon but want to enjoy it standard for a couple of months, then when i get bored ill get it remapped and the power hike will be alot more noticable

It the 2.0tdi 140bhp... Dosnt feel as quick as I'd imagine... Not been driving the car long but thought a map would defiantly help (plus rolling road included to see where best for power and economy when driving/changing gear etc

Let us know how it feels after the remap as i'm considering doing mine soon and I have a similar engine.

When you go ask for a rolling road before and after so you can see the real difference :)

When you go ask for a rolling road before and after so you can see the real difference :)

Yer think it is before and after, main reason I'm going for it now and not later is due to the egr flagging up an error so was going to blank it and needed it mapping out, car needs things at a higher priority then a map but due to egr it's jumped up front

Cars looking nice Joey :) Only Ibis white one with red leather I have seen and goes well. A remap will definitely put a smile on your face the torque increase is what makes it feel good imo. I have a catback system and am going to go turbo back when funds permit to get the extra few ponies n torque plus better spooling of turbo. Stage 2 and a colour change in the summer for me to keep me interested, lol. Let us know how you get on lad.

Bad News unfourtunatly

Took it for its map, they found 3 boost seals leaking which is apparently common on these engines... and the airflow meter was 'on its way out'

Only made a little over 120bhp standard but they found it ok to map still... however only made just over 140bhp and was advised to get bits changed asap and it would then be fine and run perfect

New boost seals and airflow meter fitted today at a cost of £200 fitted, however had no difference what so ever so was going to ring r-tech a little later and see what the issue could be

However the car then on the way home to go up in flames out the exhaust, chuck all the oil and smoke out the back and furthur onto what ive been told is possibly seized (started makes noise like theres a flat battery)

Anyone any recommendations as to best place to get a new engine, any idea of what the compatibility it like on other engines, and how do i find out my engine code, im guessing from research i have BKD (any idea what other cars these are found in)

Joe

oh sh*t, sorry to hear that mate :(

do you think it's definately engine failure then? I had an issue with my turbo and went back to the grg 4 times to try and solve it. I ended up with a new air flow meter, recon turbo, new seals and a few other bits.

Turbo and engine defiantly gone, turbo seems to have gone and managed to empty all the oil quicker then I could pull over! Engines bone dry, turns over slightly but to seized to do anything with

What would people do in my situation.... It's either new block and hybrid turbo... Or strip the car for parts? Cars got full service history aswell :(

oh sh*t, sorry to hear that mate :(

do you think it's definately engine failure then? I had an issue with my turbo and went back to the grg 4 times to try and solve it. I ended up with a new air flow meter, recon turbo, new seals and a few other bits.

Sorry to hear the news.
Did you have any sign of the turbo on its way out, limp mode, loss of power?
Seems like the remap pushed it over the edge.

Sorry to hear the news.
Did you have any sign of the turbo on its way out, limp mode, loss of power?
Seems like the remap pushed it over the edge.

Drove fine, and had never been in limp

Had the remap at which point they told me it was underpowered but was ok to put the map on so they did

TBH it felt slower with the map...

I had EGR error previously, however after map i then had a boost pressure error too... which i changed the seals to correct as rtech had informed me of the problem with them

Limp Mode happened... but only just as the car started smoking... then the fire out the back, i pulled over and turned off due to huge ammounts of white smoke (and the fire of course) started again to reverse it quick (no more then 30 seconds) into a safer place as this happened just as i pulled onto a dual carrigeway... Then hasnt started since :(

Wow, thats pretty bad. Even worse that you could't have done anything to prevent it. Kind of puts me off remaping my BKD.
I think going down the BKD engine and hybrid turbo would be a good route, you could maybe trade in your current turbo to save on a hybrid.
Good luck with the car.

Last edited:
Yeah but now mine is literally a traktor.

Makes a bang like people are getting shot when the intercooler hose blows off.

And btw im not getting mine mapped anymore :p

sell me your boost pipe

Yeah but now mine is literally a traktor.

Makes a bang like people are getting shot when the intercooler hose blows off.

And btw im not getting mine mapped anymore :p

sell me your boost pipe

Ill see if i go for a new intercooler, as its gona be proper ****** with oil im guessing
You done your seals or still need part numbers?

Done the seals today. Just the metal notch the clips hold onto on the pipe has broken away so it wont hold in properly. tryed to make a harness from cable ties atleast but the pressure still blew it out. was solidly in aswell

thats tragic any reason this has happened what would of caused this would be my first thing i would want to find out
good luck with your search for new block

thats tragic any reason this has happened what would of caused this would be my first thing i would want to find out
good luck with your search for new block

Id imagine turbo must have been failing, and the map pushed it over the edge... i wish rtech had of noticed it as i would have had no problem putting a hybrid on... an entire engine change is going to be abit of a bitch :(

Found an engine, with only approx 1000 miles on the clock removed from a crashed demonstrator car with altenator, cambelt etc in as new, has been stripped checked and put back together with photos of everything too so hopefully all going well will be mine very shortly...

Now just a turbo to find, whats the best hybrid?

I know that the Garret GT1749V is good for up to 236 BHP. The turbo you buy depends on how much power you want.

I know that the Garret GT1749V is good for up to 236 BHP. The turbo you buy depends on how much power you want.

Been told a GT20/60VNT by a guy running like 320bhp on a BKD haha

Ill be happy with 240 and wont need to go any furhur

Ill look for both and see whats best, performance for money... as new engine and turbo plus anything else i find on the way is going to prove very expensive, plus just paying for the map, airflow meter and boost seals :(

EDIT: Turbo you listed seems to be for a 1.9tdi, whereas mines a 2.0tdi

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. Did r-tech not offer to restore to stock once they loaded the software and found your car wasnt making the power. Wouldnt it of made more sense if they said fix the problems with your car and then try again. You'l be fine with a gt20 hybrid turbo if your wanting 240hp. Ive had this running for a good year or so now without too many major problems.

Been told a GT20/60VNT by a guy running like 320bhp on a BKD haha

Ill be happy with 240 and wont need to go any furhur

Ill look for both and see whats best, performance for money... as new engine and turbo plus anything else i find on the way is going to prove very expensive, plus just paying for the map, airflow meter and boost seals :(

EDIT: Turbo you listed seems to be for a 1.9tdi, whereas mines a 2.0tdi

Got the details from here http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/catalogue.pdf Going to use them to refurb my turbo.
Seems they use that turbo on both the 1.9 and 2.0 engines.

Damn Joey! Sorry to hear this!! Had my engine seize up on my car fortunately warranty covered it but was a lot to put right (although they bought everything new). Sounds weird that the mappers would have not stuck OG map back on when noticing problems... What engine have are you looking at that has 1000 miles on it as the newer A3's have a different block than the BKD, it's the common rail one...

Wish you the best of luck getting this sorted, the upside is a new engine should give you peace of mind for a while, at least I don't worry about engine issues since my new block was fitted, just the turbo and DMF that give me the heebies once in a while lol.

As new PD140 BKD engine - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

I fixed everything they said it was, boost seals etc, they didnt offer standard map and stated id be fine once id had the new seals and airflow meter fitted...

I wish i had warranty haha, im getting to the point where i may just give up with it :(

I dont have the money to be doing this anymore at this rate, constant problems, or something else i see i decide i need for the car :(

Joe

Damn Joey! Sorry to hear this!! Had my engine seize up on my car fortunately warranty covered it but was a lot to put right (although they bought everything new). Sounds weird that the mappers would have not stuck OG map back on when noticing problems... What engine have are you looking at that has 1000 miles on it as the newer A3's have a different block than the BKD, it's the common rail one...

Wish you the best of luck getting this sorted, the upside is a new engine should give you peace of mind for a while, at least I don't worry about engine issues since my new block was fitted, just the turbo and DMF that give me the heebies once in a while lol.

Cars gone in at R-Techthis morning, there stripping it down to give a full diagnosis.

Hopefully good news but ill let people know when i know

I can see it being expensive, but fingers all crossed for it being just the turbo :)

Hello Joe,

Looking good so far m8, engine turning over fine, rod lenghts seem bang on, just the seals in the turbo gave up and filled the boost pipes and cylinders with oil and locked the engine.

There is no way of knowing when turbo seals are going to fail, it could be a week before a remap or straight after a remap, if there about to fail then a remap will sure help them on there way.

The reason I let the car go with a remap on was that I have had many 2.0Tdi will simlar results pre and post map graphs being low due weeping boost pipes seal and a low reading maf causing the fuel maps to fuel very low, in all cases before just fixing seal and new maf has resulted in a customer with a huge grin..lol

Regards
Nick

Thats good news, so are you going with a new engine or is the old one still good?

Old one seems to be fine, bottom end is for definate, havnt rang to see if theyve checked top over but id imagine its all cool

Nicks told me to get hold of a turbo so we can make the standard stage1 power before i go hybrid, so anyone thats got a good one theyve removed to hybrid and can warrant it get in touch

Will ring you tomorow probably nick again about turbo, if i find one anywhere tomorow morning i can get it to you friday

Joe

Good news mate! PITA when anything goes on a car, but in the case of a turbo blowing and hybrid being the replacement the fun should outweigh the costs :eyebrows:

Sorry to hear about the bad luck your having with the motor, as said above though the pain of forking out for a hybrid will soon be outweighed by the fun of driving it.

We do offer the hybrid turbos for the 140PD engines, which are available on the link below:-
2.0 Tdi (140 PPD) Hybrid turbo - JBS

This is a brand new hybrid turbo, not a reconditioned unit which has been hybrided!

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call on 01246 455 005.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor

Rusty cracked home made egr blanking plate could have been the cause all a long..lol Car up and runnig again fine apart from burning of the old oil on the exhaust (I think I upset all of the other companies on the ind estate..ooops)

Once the car is running 100% with its current harware then you can go for more power... bring on the hybrid..

Nick