Autoglym Paint preperation?

i've used meguiars next generation tech wax. works really well and very very very very quick to apply and very very easy to remove. gives a really good dark finish

going to try gold car wax next time though to see which is best.

PIC 1
PIC 2

doesn't anymore! is filthy as can't be bothered cleaning it since some colossal t!t decided to scrape my bumper with a low goods trolley at b&q and did one.

Gutted for you. I live life on the edge every day and let the wife drive the car. Just waiting to come home one day and break down in tears on the drive way when I see the scuffed bumpers and curbed alloys. She is being good so far though. Fingers crossed...

Someone did that to me with a courtesy car once and left a massive dent on the bonnet with their sainsburys trolley. There were 7 lines from the trolley as well as a dent. It was a Peugeot though so it didnt matter, plus I hadnt signed anything when i picked the car up!!! Long story, sh*t car, I hate Peugeot.

lol!! german cars are defo the way to go for everyday driving! i'm the only one who drives my car, so i have to pay for everything! if only someone had borrowed my car that day and then i could have blaimed them!! i am lucky that is just the bumper really.
That is well lucky in an unlucky situation with you not signing anything!!

I wouldn't let a dealer do anything that requires patience i.e. valeting, waxing etc.. they just employ some kid to do it for you out the back.

Get the car home and wash it with fairy liquid solution (gets all the nasty machine applied wax crap off) then apply a good quality wax to it. Something like Meguairs gold class is good, something from Swissol if you're feeling flush.

Meguairs NXT wax is great, but not that long lasting so I'd use a proper wax every couple of months or so and NXT in between to top up the shine. Using a decent wax also makes cleaning the car SOOOOOOOOOO much easier as the dirt has nothing to bond properly to. Ensure you use a decent shampoo to avoid stripping the wax you spent all that time applying. Meguiars soft wash is very good for this IMO.

A

PS: Autoglym super resin polish is a mild cutting compound (think t-cut) so dont apply it every week or you'll soon dull the finish.