Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Not another SD card thread! Please help upload via macbook..

.. before I throw the flipping machine out of the window

Just to clarify that I do have an SD card (rather than SDHC) and my RNS-E unit does recognise the card. It does not however play anything I export to the SD card.

I-tunes doesn't recognise the card reader device in the same manner that it would an ipod so I have been trying to export playlists to the card. The format options that I have are 'plain text, unicode text, xml, M3U and M3U8 none of which seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully someone with a macbook has had this problem?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    i had this issue the first SD card i wrote to, it came back as corrupt when i inserted it in the RNS-E unit. I tried again and reduced the length of the file name and removed any weird characters plus i ejected the card rather than just pulling it out and it worked fine, give that a go?

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the reply mate. I've finally got it sorted thanks to a very helpful chap on another forum. For reference if anyone has a similar problem:

It'll only read mp3 files. m4a is a completely different format, so you can't just change the extension.
    Open iTunes
    click on the iTunes menu
    select [preferences]
    on the [General] tab, click [Import Settings...]
    for [import using] select [mp3 encoder]
    click [ok]
    click [ok] again

Now when you right click on a track in iTunes, about 2/3 of the way down the list there'll be an option to [Create mp3 version]

Once you've got mp3 versions of the tracks you want, just copy the mp3 files into folders on the SD card.

Neutral

Status
    Dont suppose anyone has a link to get a old type SD Card, each one I look at says SD but on closer look it says SDHC

Cheers

Neutral

Status