Correct Haldex oil ??

ColinS

Reaction score
Hi people,

Looking for some advice.

My S3 is due its haldex oil and filter changed. I ordered the oil and collected it today from verve volkswagen.

The oil is in a litre bottle and has a different part number from the tube listed on the guides on this site.

The part number of the oil I have is : G 055 175 A2.

Does anybody know if this oil is suitable ? Would it be less hassle if i exchanged it for the tube that you put in a silicone gun ?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Colin

ETKA says G 055 175 A2 for the Haldex oil 1lt to fill from empty and 650ml to refresh the oi

Thanks for the reply. . . . more confused now because all the guides on here quote 0.25l for a haldex oil change ??

C

Cant really help but you need a special tool for the drain plug i think. Try a web search ?

Might not be much help with your ques but if you decide on another avenue..

My local Audi dealer quoted me £75.92 all in for the Haldex service @ 40 k. Getting it done on Monday to save me the hassle. The tool (T10066) paddy mentions costs the best part of £40 as well.

Decided just to book it in to the dealer to save any hassle.

Was told the oil quantity for a haldex oil change is 700ml for anybody thats interested.

C

Make sure they do the filter Colin - Audi don't do it unless you ask...

Different places give different fill volumes, depending on whether the filter's being changed or not. My garage managed to jam in 1 litre...