Second hand coils

Scott_Hol

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advise. Few questions i have to ask. Basically looking to get some coilovers for my a3 and was looking at a second hand set of KW Variant 1 Inox-line coilovers. They are up for 475 after doing 10k in 8 month. . . . . (alot i know). Looking at getting these second hand or a set of KW basic set up without damping brand new.

Another question. I am on the hunt for 19" alloys know which ones i want and will be sitting them on 215/35/19. Any suggestions on how much to lower my motor once ive purchased the coils? i hear alot of talk around the 55-65mm mark?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

I would personally go with a better coilover second hand IF everything is there complete. I recently bought a second hand set and it didn't have the drop links and needed replacement rear springs as one was cracked and seller didn't tell me and I didn't notice it! So I had to shell out an extra £100 to get these. Still worked out cheaper though.

In terms of how low, depends on offsets of wheels, but 55-65 should be fine. Think some have gone considerably lower than this.

Luke bought my KW V2s off me, he hasn't had any problems. You wanna go all the way down lad. Lukey -65mm on V2s and 19" Speedlines, 8.5s front and 9s rear, 215s

47.jpg

If they are the same ones Ive seen advertised they are Mk4 Golf platform and wont fit an 8PA3 unless Im mistaken?

When's the 5's goin on Tim :wub:

Hehe, havent got them yet, they're coming on Friday hopefully if Paisley freight do it right!

Might try them Saturday but I hate fitting nice new wheels without the coils yet, just looks gay :)