new A3 saloon

steering wheel just looks like it was threw on at the end of design, as they needed a steering wheel

Audi obviously decided a modern concept car requires a modern gearbox!!

Good old VW platform sharing!

2011_vw_jetta_live_main.jpg

Audi-1311111030338441600x1060.jpg

I know that Norway isn't the biggest market in the world, but if Audi decides to quit building the A3 Sportback, it will be a big failure for the Norwegian market, where the A3 Sportback is a bestseller.

In countries where cars are expensive, like Denmark, Singapore and Norway, people want praticality. Salons looks really good, but they're unfortunately not practical enough.

I love the concept car, and I could buy a A3 salon anytime, but it would be impossible for me to sell used.

thats absolutely vile. what the hell is going on with those wing mirrors?

Wheels :Flush:

The new Audi A3 Saloon version is aimed mostly as the USA market where, for some reason, they much prefer saloons to hatchbacks. That is probably the reason that it is only currently been shown with the DSG gearbox again as customers in the USA much prefer an automatic to a manual gearbox.

I don't think Audi will ever consider to quit building the 3-door hatch or the 5-door hatch as their very popular cars in most of Europe. Their are just adding another model to the range.

Nice.Apart from the ****** white stitching on the sw.I wonder what the dimensions are though, looks very similar to an A4.Those wheels are excellent

According to the article in today's Auto Express it's "slightly smaller than the original A4, but the long 2.63m wheelbase ensures there will be plenty of legroom for rear passengers". It also says when it reaches production next year, the A3 will be the first car to sit on the VW Groups' all-new MQB platform. This platform will be the basis on all the new A3s and the new Golf.