Audi a3 tdi 2004 driver door not workin no central locking help!

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, massive problem with my car,its doing my head in. Last night i went to lock my car and it wouldnt lock! i also noticed the whole drivers side door is not working! the electric windows arent working from that side, the electric mirrors wont work, the door wont lock electronicly, and the car wont alarm atall! when you use the fob to lock the car it locks every door but doesnt like the driver door and the hazard lights dont flash! ive checked fuses and they seem fine, its like the drivers side door has completely died! the buttons arent even illuminating on the door! Its asiff it has lost power completely to the door.

Please can someone help!

Cheers

Try giving the wires that go between the post and door a wiggle to start with, if they're not plugged in properly this kinda thing happens, it's quite unusual for everthing in the same door to just die without doing anything elsewhere on the car

My 20007 A3 sportback recently started having the exact same problem issue as the OP, except it is on my front passenger side door.

I noticed that for an hour or so I had a buzzing noise coming from the door and the power window light was flickering on and off. If anyone has experienced this and/or knows what a common cause for this might be looking forward to hearing of their experiences and response.

Thanks.

You don't need to take door card off. It's between the two hinges connectin the door to the car

Ok looking at it now, can now see what you mean after pulling the rubber back, quite dark here so will check it with more light. Does it just unclip from the top ?

Hi guys. Sorry for necro-posting here but I'm having these issues on my 2004 a3 1.6 sport 8 valve. I tried googling that part number but it doesn't come up with anything. Can anyone tell me what part actually is that Sloth replaced? Thanks in advance guys

Hi guys. Sorry for necro-posting here but I'm having these issues on my 2004 a3 1.6 sport 8 valve. I tried googling that part number but it doesn't come up with anything. Can anyone tell me what part actually is that Sloth replaced? Thanks in advance guys

The part number is 3 posts up? Did you read the thread or is that not the one u need?

Hi im having the exact szme problem on drivers side, checked wires between door they seem fine is it inside the door!?? Thanks