Aftermarket (i.e re-usable) Pannel Filters.. 2.0 TDI

Dec

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Done a lot of digging around on the net, and it seems that a K&N Pannel Filter would mess up my MAF dispite there being an article on the K&N website saying otherwise (obviously). Is it true that the oil they are sprayed with will kill my MAF?

Any benefits over the stock ones? I read that they improve response and mpg marginally?

Cheers!

Dec

Forget it spend the £30 on beer.

I had one, 0 difference

If your wanting power, save for a remap.

Maybe Led conversion
09+ Rear Lights
Cruise Control
Cupra Splitter

The List is endless haha

Not too fussed about a remap really, would put my insurance up to an even more ridiculous price unfortunately!

List goes...

06+ Front and rear bumpers (both mine are knackered)
'11 rear lights (but would get 09's if I found some second hand)
Cupra Splitter
Slight rear tints
Double Din Conversion
RNS-E to replace the crappy flip out DVD
S Line Steering Wheel
Cluster with DIS
Refurb wheels/new wheels
De-Wiper
Gloss black rear badge

And thats without all the other bits that are tatty/annoying

Would benefit from a respray, ridiculous amount of swirls + few scratches/chips. Front end may as well be white with all the stone chips.
Carpet as mine has a hole in it under the front mat :(
Black roof lining + Pillars
Arm Rest clip snapped
Glovebox light mech. snapped.

Etc... :p

But I do about 500 miles a week, so its being run into the ground too much in that department to worry! Next car will be in addition to this one, once my insurance is more affordable :)

The new car part does :laugh: Donations accepted! :wub:

On a serious note, I do love it, just wish it was practical to keep it looking mint!

It's alrite (nothing special) when its clean...

5400795483_a2c73c85d2.jpg

Cheers dude! Need to get myself a decent camera, then I can attempt some better pic's, also in better locations than my driveway haha

Someone I used to hang around with took this of my old Golf on the way to Inters '09.. now thats a photo :wub: Miss that car to a certain extent!

4607843521_92f9d089de.jpg

Car looks nice :thumbsup:

How did you do your front grill surrounds?
Was it sprayed or vinyl wrapped?
Is it gloss black or Matt?

Looking to do mine soon :readit:
cheers

Car looks nice :thumbsup:

How did you do your front grill surrounds?
Was it sprayed or vinyl wrapped?
Is it gloss black or Matt?

Looking to do mine soon :readit:
cheers

Thanks dude! It's a bit of a mash up at the moment :ermm: :banghead:

The surrounds are Vinyled in Gloss black, was fairly easy to do :) The badge currently is just black plastic, but need to get a gloss black one to match asap. Doesn't make much odds when the cars dirty and looks matt black anyway though! :crying:

lol my cars a mess at the moment aswell!

it had a run in with a fox.
my front bumper needs a respray and thought might aswell do the grill.

Was thinking of keeping the audi badge silver but looking at yours has changed my mind....

Yeah I keep toying with the idea. Gloss black ones are only about £15 on ebay though so could always get one and chop and change :)

My ones started going manky anyway, along with the surround so thats the only reason I did it really!