A3 2.0TFSI or A3 3.2

I can only go on a comparison of my last car, A4 1.8T (52 plate) and my current 3.2 A3.

I live in a particularly rural area so AWD is essential, especially for the lanes. I find that the 3.2 offers lots of power when ever I need it, be that ripping through the lanes going up/down gears quickly with the DSG or cruising on a motorway. The turbo lag on the old car was just too eratic for my liking. Smooth, when ever I want it power is just the ticket.

As for what power you can get out of a 2.0t, do you really want to be a) messing with your warranty and b) taking your insurance to stupidity just for the sake of choosing a 2.0t over a 3.2. Besides there is already talk of a 400bhp 500nmtorque turbo upgrade for the 3.2 if thats what really floats yer boat.

thanks StephV6
that was a good review, the only problem is that the dealer could not get his hand on a 2.0T for me to drive today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
so instead i had a go of the S3 and the A3 3.2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
i drove the S3 first and i have to say it was quick, even more so when the turbo kicked in and i was expecting the insides of the S3 to be quite abit more dated than they were, so i was fairly impressed with it.

then came the 3.2, now right from the start when i planted my foot i could notice the difference!
just the engine noise and the way it flew up the speedo was great, the dealer took it out first to warm it up and when he pulled over to let me take over, well he must of found the shortest lay-by possible on the dual carriageway, so i was abit worried about what the car was like at taking off, but like i said when i floored it WOW
so overall i would have to say that i am def getting the 3.2

but just wondering, do u know the link you gave me, well see the front of the car how it has a stainless steal lip around the grill well can that come on the 3.2 or is it only made for the 2.0T?

thanks

You're welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mine's got the aluminium around the upper and lower front grills if that's what you're asking.
But if you're not refering to that giant single front grill with the aluminium/stainless surround, only the sportback have that. Nothing to do with engine
however I think the 3 door will have it in June or July. so if you can wait, you can have the 3 door with that nose
I liked that nose and asked a dealer how much that would cost to put on the actual version of the 3 door and he came up saying between 1 and 2K!! Apparently the bonnet is also different. bad luck.

oh well that is fine
i am moving to Dubai at the end of the month and that is why i am test driving the audi's here so when i get there i know straight away which 1 to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and i am not really worried about the mpg out there cause it is well cheap!!! i mean like 10-15p a litre out there.
i mean my uncle has a merc S and it costs him £10 to fill up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

my only worry now is if audi have not released the new shape out there yet, does anyone know anyway i would be able to find out and what the prices of the cars are like out there?

have to say Steph, once again you managed to find a good write up
thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

the more and more i read about this car the more i love it, cant wait to get one!!!

but do u know where i would be able to find out the info about the A3 3.2 in Dubai e.g. price, shape, spec, etc..?