Advice for front end, Damaged parts 08 S Line.

Farhan

Reaction score
Well just over 24hours ownership, Driving back from a long 200mile journey today. I have an accident because of a fool not looking, I would rather not claim and settle privately so needed advise on repairs.

Got some really nice photos of the car and it all went down hill on the way home.

Basically i have a pretty much crippled front passenger wing!

Upper Arch liner has snapped, Front Fog grille needs replacement, Bumper is all intact but headlight has some scratches.

Firstly would anyone know if the following would be fine for my 08 Plate S Line A3.
My car has the S line Sideskirts aswell,

Firstly a new wing
AUDI A3 03-08 FRONT WING N/S +NEW+ 8P0821105C on eBay (end time 15-Mar-11 09:15:57 GMT)

Would this fit fine? It will need a respray but my bodyshop will do all of this, Also anyone know how difficult it is to remove the wing? As the damage is pretty epic and it doesnt seem like it will pull out.

Also a new arch liner, would any front upper arch liner fit from an 8P Model, Its not to bad but whilst im there i would rather replace.

Finally front fog lamp Grill, I need to get a new grill as it seems from impact it has popped out and snapped a bit, Odd as the bumper only sustained a scuff.

Im just worried at how much labour would be involved in removal of the wings etc as i want the vehicle to be put back together solid.

:(

Last edited:
firstly soz to hear if your missfortune , second the s-line has no sidskirts only the S3 has sidskirts , anyway the wing will fit on your car no probs as all models are the same on these years only the new 8p3 are different

Cheers for the advise dude, Man im so peed, I would run it through my insurance but my excess is very high, I dont want to make a claim at all as my policy switched over to this car literally on friday and from the labor rates my body shop will charge me will not add up to the excess at all. The worst thing my car took the real beating? The other car was just scuffed?

I will have photos up later of the damage.

Main concern here is the wing, The other parts seem ok to buy and the wing is not dear either.

My beautiful lava grey paint :( It got a proper go over yesterday aswell, Foam, Clay, Poorboys Black Hole agh

hey it could have been worse think of it like that mate at least no one was hurt eh , yeah with insurance being so high these days i would want to get it done myself too , i ahd a bump a little while ago basicly a woman in a mondeo pulled out infront of me in a dual carrageway and twatted my passanger side rear arch /wheel the damage wasnt that bad so i didnt bother with insurance her car came off alot worse than mine anyway little dent in my arch and a small scuff on my wheel on her car she had a bumper hanging off blown front tyre and a broken headlight i dont know if she went through insurance tho

True, My Excess was the same from my corolla t-sport and i didnt change it, I could cover the excess but again it looks like a 50/50 because of the situation. I dont want a claim on my insurance but its bugging me. I should be out enjoying it!

I had plans laid out,

2010 Rear Bumper with diffuser
BBS CH Wheels
Revo Stage 1 Remap

Looks like its going to be pushed back!

just get prices for everything and think is it worth going through the insurance if it works out cheaper then dont bother and of course weigh in the no claims disscount you will lose if you do go through insurance personally i wouldnt bother if it still drives ok and its only panel damage

I had plans laid out,

2010 Rear Bumper with diffuser
BBS CH Wheels
Revo Stage 1 Remap

Looks like its going to be pushed back!
good plans you have there bbs wheels are so nice have you thought about bbs ck's they are my fav bbs wheels

True, Its just the wing and fog grille, I had the car jacked up it drove fine but the wheel did hit the creased arch on bad dips in the road.

Heres some photos of before and well i snapped one on my phone after.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

***!!

photo5.jpg

Sickening that is mate! Feel for ya.

That ebay wing you linked to.... you know its non genuine right??
I'd go for a genuine part if I were you, just to make sure the fit is spot on.

Hm true ill avoid the insurance route. Found 3 Genuine wings so will possibly go for them. Luckily the bonnet and everything is still lined up perfectly front bumper will need a spray as it picked up some scuff marks.

Would the patent parts be of lower quality as they seem alot easier to source?

If it went into an approved repaire via insurance would they replace with a genuine or a patent part? Thats another thing as my guy is insurance approved but most of the time they use patent parts.

Yeah many insurance approved repairers use patent parts (as well as loads of other corner cutting) at the request of insurers to keep costs down.
I think if you specify that you want original parts then you can force it.

Patent parts can be fine, it just depends on which manufacturer is making them. But to avoid the risk of weaker or poorly fitting parts I'd source OEM. Your car is only 2/3 years old, you want the best for it.

yep definitely stick with oem parts. I'd be concerned that the bumper had taken a beating as well if the fog grille has been damaged?

Hm well oem used wing will be on the cards. I had a good look at the bumper no dents just a scuff lower down but the grill for the fog poked out a bit and a corner of the plastic snapped possibly from impact but the tabs on the edge look fine and its still lined up well with the bonnet and everything.

The foglamp grille has been pushed back in place and its sitting fine so its not worrying me to much.

New upper arch liner will be needed, the lower part is absolutely fine, Paint and labour will be a headache but i will be helping with the labour.

If your gonna go through your insurance make sure you specify that you want an Audi approved repairer, that'll guarantee genuine parts are used,approved paint and it'll also not interfere with your 12 year anti-perforation warranty which if you go elsewhere will become invalid on the panels replaced and also on the door which will be a blend panel (something to keep in mind), regarding replacing the wing yourself it's a straight forward job, probably looking at about 2.5 hours work, it's held on with size 30 torx screws but be aware the factory locktight them in so they're tight as f%&K to get off, you only have to loosen the corner of the bumper which is a few 25 torx' and a 10mm bolt inside the wing. The side of the bumper clips into a wing bracket and to release the bumper you will need a really skinny screwdriver or spike as right on the very end there is a plastic rivet with a push in centre once removed a quick pull and off it'll pop. Theres 2 bolts inside the rrear of the wheelarch which when you take the liner out you'll see theres a foam cover to remove and then theres 2 bolts on the very bottom of the wing that go to the sill, these are ull of stonechip so use the aforementioned (good word) spike to clean the centres for access, think thats about it !! As Cilla used to say " The Choice Is Yours "

Thanks for the advise scotty, I will more than likely go with my body shop, I would rather it because whilst he works on it i will be there undoing panels etc. I would much prefer that because being my own vehicle lol ill take more care of it.

In terms of paint etc it wont cost me dearly aswell, In regards to the anti-perforation warranty, From a look on the car i cant see any previous damage but again there may be spots were it could have been blown in by a dealer etc so im not going to fuss to much about that area.

Im on the hunt for genuine parts now, Located an arch liner upper part genuine one. Now its just the wing and fog grille from Audi.

Also guys, on my previous car i had an EPC system what is the audi equivalent called and can they be purchased?

Also one other thing guys i just bought the arch liner, which is for year 04, for a 5 door? Im guessing its defo the same as my car?

Finally the wing there are a couple genuine ones but are there differences on the 03 onwards? Did they use the same wing from 03 onwards as my vehicle? I know the even newer shapes than mine had the indicators under the mirror but my one doesnt so im guessing the wing will be the same right?

Also one other thing guys i just bought the arch liner, which is for year 04, for a 5 door? Im guessing its defo the same as my car?
Finally the wing there are a couple genuine ones but are there differences on the 03 onwards? Did they use the same wing from 03 onwards as my vehicle? I know the even newer shapes than mine had the indicators under the mirror but my one doesnt so im guessing the wing will be the same right?

All wings are identical pre 2008 facelift. You should be able to get one very easily, theres loads being broken on ebay. Front arch liners are also identical on all cars 3 or 5 door, doesnt matter.

You Guys are legends!!

right on with the ordering revo will have to wait a bit, i need to order some mats to :)

Good news, ordered a genuine used wing and arch liner from a breaker in essex. Spoke to paint guy and he said bring it in tomorow and we will sort it.

The headlight has a horrible scuff down the side but im pretty sure this will buff out and clean up, worst comes worse i will replace this further down the line if it doesnt clean up to well.

Want to avoid buying a new headlamp or a used unit as usually its best to replace both and i reallydont want to atm. Could alwys do it after and im certain it will clear up. May be time for a headlight restoration woop!

I bought the parts from german spares ltd

Home - German Spares Ltd.

I bought the parts from ebay. Hope they are fine, The upper arch liner was used fully intact and the wing was in good condition.
I paid 90 for the wing

No problem dude, Im hoping all goes smoothly now, Im already setting aside 700 for the repair of it. To the body shop tomorrow lets see what he gets back to me with.

Miss driving it already, Jumped in it after work today man the new car smell :(

On a brighter note,

Philips Diamond Visions Ordered
Canbus Delete LED Sidelights Ordered - Hope they work as i followed the link to ones that some one on this forum used.

Finally i ordered some tailored mats, I will go for genuine ones for show seasons etc i did the same on my last car but instead bought two sets of genuines for £65 each. Not going to do that again LOL

ouch thats not cheap is it ive got about 3 sets of a3 mats ive had some out of cars ive cleaned in work so have always got a clean set lol

Well wing came through and its perfect says the body shop guy but the damn arch liner is ruined on the inner side which will not be seen, its useable but im not happy i paid nearly 40 quid for it.

Estimate of repairs is around £400

Bye Revo Remap Money :'(

could be worse like i said before but you can always get a revo map at a later date cant you mate this way at least you can drive your baby again

Well work has started, front wings off and being replaced, front bumper is being resprayed.

Now just need to wait for my grille and arch liner to get here and im set.

New bulbs were ordered, i ordered some canbus leds for the fronts and some philips diamond vision bulbs for a nicer look to the standard yellow lights.

Wow so i walked into west london audi today, To order a fog grille and a new arch liner as the damn breaker i ordered the 40quid liner from was damaged on arrival.

Guess how much audi charged me, And for reference i went into the parts department and identified the part.

16GBP

Thats right Sixteen Shiny Great British Pounds :w00t::w00t:....I was ripped off by the breaker! :banghead:

Overall im over the moon about that, Compared to my toyota 74quid plus VAT for arch liners!! Roll on the repair it should be back sunday! :rockwoot:

wow that is cheap it goes to show main dealers arent allways expensive i mean look at the price of the seat leon cupra r front spoiler its only £25 ish give or take a few quid people always think that main dealers are going to cost a bomb but there we go proven wrong hope you get your motor back soon and all looking lovely matey