I want some New Rims - Any Suggestions???

Lee78

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking to get some new rims this month for my A3, and wondered wot peoples thoughts are on the best set to suit my car.. Was thinking 18"...My budget is about £700. So i know its reps all the way. Ideally, I want to do just a straight swap but I guess i might have to lower later to give it a better look. Any help with this as I'm a completely novice with rims.
Cheers Lee.
Ps got a spoiler on order at t mo...cant' wait to get it fitted
2353-dsc00273.jpg

Not a van of these wheels, they don't look right on the A3.

What does £499 all in with tyres tell you? Should send out a message

there is a ibis s3 on ebay with these wheels on and they look pooooooooo on a a3 / s3

£700 is a lot of money, and OEMs definitely aren't out of the question for that much. also factor in that reps won't be worth anything when you come to resell them whereas for something like OEM wheels or BBSs you'll get pretty much all your cash back.

anyhow my favourite wheels are BBS Pescaras :wub:. i saw a set on the 'Bay for about £700 not all that long ago. just look around and you'll find a set you llike for the right price

Do you definately want 18's?

I will be looking to shift my 17" OEM optional sport wheels very soon.

Hey Benskin07,
I love those wheels, are they the S3 ones. How much did you pay..

Thanks fella. Yeah OEM S3 allloys as Fran said, bought them off my mate when he had his new S3 delivered for £400.
After 18months took them to my mate body shop to get them refurb and changed the colour £200

700 should get you some genuine alloys. 18 rs4s can be picked up at that sort of money, as well as rs6s

Not a van of these wheels, they don't look right on the A3.

What does £499 all in with tyres tell you? Should send out a message

I paid £399 for my A5 reps including tyres and delivery!!!!

To be fair the tyres are fooking lethal in the wet, they make Nankangs look brilliant!

To be fair the tyres are fooking lethal in the wet, they make Nankangs look brilliant!
For that kind of money all in I wouldn't be happy driving around on anything less than a magic carpet to avoid the wheel falling apart after going over the smallest of stones

i payed £550 for my reps 3 years ago and they are fine but the tyres that came with them were shocking in the dry even worse in the wet so couldnt wait for them to wear out so i could change them to some better tyres lol

For that kind of money all in I wouldn't be happy driving around on anything less than a magic carpet to avoid the wheel falling apart after going over the smallest of stones

ahh well, done 14k on them now, not even the hint of a crack. Hit plenty of holes too, the roads are crap around here. The tyres have hardly any wear too, they must be made of the hardest rubber known to man!:unsure:

Last edited:
ahh well, done 14k on them now, not even the hint of a crack. Hit plenty of holes too, the roads are crap around here. The tyres have hardly any wear too, they must be made of the hardest rubber known to man!:unsure:
mine lasted for ever too mate prob lasted about 2 and 3/4 years at 9000 miles a year not bad mileage out of them just a shame they were a bit lively in the crap weather lol , the budget tyres i ahve now are much better great in the snow and grippy as hell in the dry not bad at all for budgets

I did 20k on a set like that Lee then one day one of the fronts went down on the drive. I took it to my local tire place and all four were splitting on the inside :ohmy: