ipod dock

whiteek4

Reaction score
i have tried a number of searchs but cant find any answers so thought someone out there might no! wel hope so.ave not had the car long but its got standard ipod dock in the glove box, i pluged my ipod in the other day and it doesnt do anything. went to audi who told me 9 times out of 10 the dock fails so bought a replacent and fitted myself, which doesnt work either(does nothing) i have since took the head unit out (which is a concert) and checked the connections and all seems fine. can anyone shine some light on what might be the problem with out sending it to audi?! thanks in advance

TBH mate depends on which ipod, as the dock connector changed pins a few times so the charging pins & connectivity may be for old style, audi are feckwits sometimes & you should return the kit for an immediate refund mate based on there report.

Why not upgrade to newer setup as the old system didnt display track names, playlists as such, no info at all, it just simulated an ipod connection via the cd changer port, really was crap fella.

I supply/fit the newer kit if of any use.

thanks for your responce

ah right a see. wel its what they said id need so i will be goin back to see them! well its a 5th gen nano i have. thought it would just be a plug and play type of thing to get it working. is there no sort of converter plug to swap the wiring out?

what sort of price is the newer set up?
thanks

Get a convertor of ebay mate, as the new setup isnt cheap at all, but is very cool.