it's about time to start my own s3 build thread

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
we...i got my ibis white s3 8p facelift brand new 20 months ago...since then i've done 23000km's and i absolute love it...
17062009791.jpg

17062009792.jpg

1) after 1000km's i went to my local tuner to get forge CAI and short shift fitted and even it was still runing in i've noticed a little difference in performance, and the short shift was a nice little mod. had few problems untill it's been sorted nicely. IMHO this car should have short shift from factory...
09072009814a.jpg

09072009815.jpg

2) few months after it was time to order new exhaust. Milltek non-res TBE. after that turbo was spooling easier and faster, and the sound has been improved. it's nice and quiet while cruising, but it loud on high revs. and it looks good :D ...
02102009867.jpg

02102009869.jpg

3) then i've got new black grill...
25022010950avatar3nn.jpg

4)then it has been remaped to 320hp and 450Nm of torque...
and soon after that it was time for new revision "D" OEM diverter valve as old one was broken...
imag0001l.jpg

5) after that it was getting hot so i've got brand new forge twintercooler...it wasn't straight fit on the facelift but after making few custom pipes it was fited nicely....and all i can say there was a huuuge diference in performance after fiting this especially in 3rd 4th gear!!!!
forge-s3-redesign-fmic-f.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

6) now it was time to sort handling and suspension and few more things on the engine, so i've got whiteline anti lift kit, h&r arbs, and kw v3 coilovers, and forge dv.
well i had rev D valve but after fiting forge dv with yellow spring it's holds boost little better.
as for arb's and walk i think that this is best upgrade of all i've have done so far. it transforms the car really, there is no more understeer and turning is far more sharp and precise. and you get a little more feeling of the road throught the steering wheel. love it. i think that i should have done it before.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

as for coilies..only did with them few km's so can't tell much really about them anyway here are few pics of the car with them...
first drop as kw suggests...
attachment.php

attachment.php

...and the last one as i wanted it to be lower :D so now it's lowest on the back, and on the front there is about 0,5-0,8cm's left. i think that it sits now nicely..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

back...
attachment.php

...and front...
attachment.php

i really like the look with the latest drop.
at the end there are few things left to sort out as a catch tank,fuel pump (wich i have), and the clutch as it slipping, and then stage 2+. after that maybe it would be time for new wheels :D

at the end i hope you like it, as much as i do. it's really fun car and with few mods it really becomes something special that doesn't have competition on the road..:beerchug: thanks for reading :p

Most of the pics dont work :(

Looks epic though

Looks like its going to be a very nice build. Not a big fan of the intake would be worried having that low personally but each to there own

Nice car, are you not worried about the air intake sucking up water and hydrolocking the engine? Would be a huge bill if that happened.

after few hundred miles coilies felt down a little more..love it how it looks but now i have problem with speed bumps :D
about the intake...will change it at some point but for now i don't have any problems with it. hydroshiled is on it all the time, and i don't go out if it's heavy rain, with big potholes :D althrought one time i got caught on the motorway but had no problems. as long as there isn't water deep enought to cover entire cone i don't think there will be any issues.

well..there is slightly improvement with it. it goes slightly better. but yesterday i had an itch so i fitted catch tank and noticed that my PCV was probably broken or it wasn't working properly. can't belive. all the time i was thinking it was me who was thinking that the car feels slower as i'm getting used to the car but after fitting catch tank car feels like it's remaped again. there was no error on vcds, or on PCV visualy. so i'm glad i've sorted that now it feels great :D

it's been a while since the last post, but after getting the wrong lower engine mount (pre facelift) finally the right one arrived.
resize_image.php

track use lower engine mount for facelift cars :D

not sure why ive miussed this one either!! looking good S.!

so have you changed the engine mouunt because you needed to or just wanted to? and what are the benefits of it? do you need to add the rest of the mounts also?

i'm sick at the moment so i will fit it in a few days. it reduces engine movement, and it makes better gear changes.

Uprating the engine mounts is well worthwhile on heavily uprated engines,but the downside is a lot more noise and vibration.
I chose the VWRacing mounts for mine,which are about as hard as you'd accept for both road and track use without actually being solid,and the difference in not having the engine flopping around on it's mounts is very noticeable.

so today i got some time to fit Powerflex lower engine mount (track use-purple one). it's a good little mod, there are little more vibrations present but it's not really a big difference. now the acceleration feels even more, and shifting gears at higer rpm's is a lot easier and more precise. great thing for less than 20€.

The lower mount is the most important,although if you intend going further,it's essential to do the upper mounts as well.

it seems that uper mounts on facelifts are a bit harder. but def. if i want to go further will do them too. but for now there are few other bits that i want to sort out.

why do people spend a small fortune on making a car quick then do that to the suspension ?.:)

why do people spend a small fortune on making a car quick then do that to the suspension ?.:)
If you mean lowering the car to the ground......I have to say I agree......I followed a Seat Leon Cupra the other day that had all of the usual bits(Revo stickers,so I assume a remap,plus huge exhaust and so on)but it had also been lowered way too far,and the poor fool driving it could barely stay ahead of my 70hp loaner.

decided to upload again missing pics...don't know why they aren't working...hope they'll work this time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

first drop
attachment.php

attachment.php

2nd drop
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

now it's runing with 12mm spacers front without any rubbing (front camber is set -1°30") :D
went back to Forge DV with blue spring and it's better than rev D valve.
and in a week or two i'm going to fit ITG maxogen CAI.
thinking of some mods to refresh the looks and also will try to make remote hatch pop, and some 19" wheels for the new season....
but my cluch is giving up...so maybe wheels will have to wait.

regards

Last edited:
Nice build S.
Not sure how I missed this at the start.

Pictures still don't work though.
Interested to see the pictures with your coilovers and spacers fitted.

Nice build S.
Not sure how I missed this at the start.

Pictures still don't work though.
Interested to see the pictures with your coilovers and spacers fitted.
don't know why...uploaded pics again, and they work on my computers?
it's a bad weather now but will take pics as soon as it gets better.

Most of them work.
It's the coilover/suspension set up ones that aren't showing on my computer.
Maybe it's me...

quick winter pic

Reactions: Paullie, poli84 and pinterovski
jes i am. 12mm front. i had them so i tried to se how it looks and left them, didn't source them for the back because i'm thinking of geting new summer wheels with lower ET. oh and it drives much better with wider track at the front.

Good work, car looks good.

Your a braver man than me using a filter in that location, but if you don't sit behind a lorry in the rain you should be ok.....?

thanks,
never had any problems with CAI since day one i had hydroshield fitted. think it has to be a deeper water and you'll have to floor it to get the water in the engine. it can happen but i'm careful when it's raining.
but in a week i'm getting ITG maxogen CAI so it will be nice, and safe :D

little bit of ps...

Reactions: Paullie
what do you think about these wheels on my car? 18x8 et38 front and 18x8,5 back.
felge-bbs-18-5-112-et-38-slika-8912178.jpg

thanks

Reactions: deeman88 and Paullie
Those wheels, S, ..YESSS!!! Go for it, Dude, ..you'll have lots of fun keeping them clean, but they look tremendous!!! Can't believe this is the first time I've seen your build thread, love your car and all you've done to it. Keep up the great work! Oh and love your arty pics too, well done!! :wub: xxx

thanks a lot Paullie, i'm trying my best :D
well for some things i found inspiration in your thread...if i'll get these wheels gloss black pillars will have to wait :D
but i like them, and i think they would fill the arches nicely.

Yup, those rims would work. They look like they've been photochopped as the BBS cap is mahoosive! (unless its taken with a fish eye lens???)

think it's a fisheye lens.
like this one :D
s3web.jpg

(old pic but the link is not working anymore).

Last edited:
just got this :D
o7v9g2.jpg

fmi0z6.jpg

seems that itg is held at customs :S

yes, from r8. i'm not sure about part number but i guess it should be. i've ordered it over bay.

yes, from r8. i'm not sure about part number but i guess it should be. i've ordered it over bay.

Cool, does it sit straight when fitted. I've read that some R8 caps sit an an angle?