Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: it's about time to start my own s3 build thread

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    yeah, i should have them somewhere (but intake mount to the engine is 5cm's higher than usual as i did a different mount), i did a cardboard heatshield first as it's easy to cut and shape it. then i draw the parts on aluminum sheet and cut it out.

if i was buying ic again i would buy one bigger (there are few options now from forge, proalloy, ths, wagner...), you can also sell your s3 ic and save some money :D
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    hey i think awsome gti sells them. i've ordered them from zztuning from Romania, as that was the cheapest option for me (shipping quote from other shops was 40 pounds!!!!).
    also take a look on the 42 draft designs web which one is correct part for your car.
    yes i did the job myself. since i have short shift kit i didn't have to drill anything, but i had to trim 2-3mm's of the side ones to use them with forge short shift kit as they were a bit wider.
    there's a really good tutorial how to change them and what else to do on youtube on mkVI gti.
    Hi si. Have you got the link to that video?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonse View Post
    Hi si. Have you got the link to that video?
    here you go mate,
    was searching for it on youtube, for ages and then found it on vimeo :D
    Jonse likes this.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Sami,did you consider of some air collector for these two alumunium hoses in the front?
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    hm, not really.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

hm, not really.
    I'm looking on ebay to find some proper air collectors because we dont have
    much of space to play,it's gonna be a tight fit!
    I also put some tubes in yesterday and made custom alu heat shield.
    Difference is phenomenal!

What sort of heat protection foam do you have on the outter side of heat shield?
    I neeed to get sorted as well!
    S. likes this.
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    well since it's aluminum flexi tube i don't think i should put collectors. i didn't put foam protection yet. didn't bother with it. i'll see what i can do when i get some time.
    put some pics.
    pinterovski likes this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

well since it's aluminum flexi tube i don't think i should put collectors. i didn't put foam protection yet. didn't bother with it. i'll see what i can do when i get some time.
    put some pics.
    It's a special alu tube covered with heat resistant protection.
    I put in two of these badass alu tubes lol ,one is direct under the filter and the other is in the front!
    http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...psb19889a2.jpg
    http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...ps240b543f.jpg
    Difference is very noticable,today was 28ºC out there and car behaved like on 10ºC temperature!
    I really love this mod and it's all because of you my friend,you inspired me

Now I am waiting for some high quality heat resistant foam to put on,these week i hope.
    Heat shield is designed a little bit different than yours:

One side is alu and the other side is brushed alu,stil need to be cleaned to look good!
    http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...ps920f2d22.jpg
    http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7148d2ca.jpg

Foam will be a little bit longer,all way down to covered everything and separate the engine bay
    from CAI filter!

Thanks again for inspiring me Sami!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    you're welcome mate!
    i see it's different, i wanted to use oem air feed in front so that's different. i've got some heat reflecting sandwich foam sheet (foil on the outside foam inside) that's used to reflect heat from the radiators etc. don't have pics but i'll use either that or i'll order dei heat reflecting self adhesive tape and cover the shield with it.
    it looks good in alu finish but i decided to paint it black as it's easier to keep it clean.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    nothing much..
    today i fitted a fresh set of spark plugs, car feels great even on these hot days.
    wanted to upgrade my brakes to rs3 ones but the seller decided to let me down at the end...
    also tomorrow i'm going to get new catch tank hoses as i've found few splits on the current ones...

1st Gear

Status
    Time for some update..
    Left the car at Revo to fit new Loba clutch, new cam follower and rs4 fpr valve, and to check all hoses and pipes..also there will be new map update, even maybe a newer version than the current v12....

Can't wait to get it back !!
    Whats the RS4 FPR valve and what does it do?
    S3 Revo Stage 2+
    Milltek Non Res-ITG-Autotech HPFP-Loba SMF

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    fuel pressure regulator. improves mid-range on stage 2+ by holding the pressure close to the requested one and lets you run a little more aggresive settings.
    also it's pita to fit it.

1st Gear

Status
    fuel pressure regulator. improves mid-range on stage 2+ by holding the pressure close to the requested one and lets you run a little more aggresive settings.
    also it's pita to fit it.
    cheers mate, how much you looking at for one? Worth while mod?
    S3 Revo Stage 2+
    Milltek Non Res-ITG-Autotech HPFP-Loba SMF

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i got for it 40€ i think. it's cheap, but the labour is expensive. it's worth mod, but it's really hard to replace it. mine was done while the car was in for clutch etc. so intake manifold was taken of in order to fit. maybe your tuner can replace it without taking it of.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    now waiting for the 4 pot brakes

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    just got these beauty's :D

S3Alex likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Well...those should slow you down a bit!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Well...those should slow you down a bit!
    that's the whole idea. now i can cross brakes on the never ending list, and put something else
    S3Alex likes this.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    was a bit busy these days, so the car is booked for saturday for the brakes swap. can't wait.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    filthy animal

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    brakes are finally on. looking good, and performing great!!!

Last edited by S.; 28th September 2013 at 19:21.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    more pics...

Last edited by S.; 28th September 2013 at 20:43.
    rdfcpete likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    They are some big brakes!

That is also one dirty car too lol

What wheels do you have fitted, standard S3 ones?
    S. likes this.
    Dean.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    that pic was after 600km roadtrip just before wash :D
    wheels are oem facelift s3 wheels with 12mm spacers, as you can see there's plenty of space. between spokes and calipers.

1st Gear

Status
    Wow, I didn't think they fitted under facelift wheels! Nice setup.
    S. likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    That is one hell of a snug fit!
    S. likes this.
    Dean.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    That is one hell of a snug fit!
    Sure is a tight fit but just looks right.

Superb!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    little review... brakes are great, they have improved braking power and distance. done a 500km trip today with really bad weather and they performed great. just need to get used to them, as with harder press they really stop the wheels and activate abs.
    S3Alex likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    What disks with the brakes? You get just calipers or full kit or what?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    it's ttrs complete kit. calipers, pads, and discs.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    cleaned yesterday catch can. it was full of disgusting creamy brown stuff. it's unbelievable how much of that crap ended in the can in one year. and when i think that it should have gone back to the engine, i'm just glad that i have catch can to solve that issue.
    S3Alex likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status
    cleaned yesterday catch can. it was full of disgusting creamy brown stuff. it's unbelievable how much of that crap ended in the can in one year. and when i think that it should have gone back to the engine, i'm just glad that i have catch can to solve that issue.
    It really is pretty nasty stuff.

I don't change mine anywhere near often enough myself,but then it spends much of it's life having something done to it,so AMD clean it out often enough.

2nd Gear

Status
    How do the rs3 brake set up not fit I see tones on eBay going cheap
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by discostu49 View Post
    How do the rs3 brake set up not fit I see tones on eBay going cheap
    Calipers are exactly the same but the Discs are a different offset due to the RS3 having different hubs. When installed on an S3 disc and caliper will be not aligned correctly.
    S. likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    is a catch can worth fitting to the engine? like what is the pros, con and gains if any(which i doubt is any) as far as i see it just reduses frothy **** flowing into turbo or something the likes?
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turbonutz View Post
    is a catch can worth fitting to the engine? like what is the pros, con and gains if any(which i doubt is any) as far as i see it just reduses frothy **** flowing into turbo or something the likes?
    The thing about direct injection engines is that you have no petrol to clean the inlet valve stems,and all this crud then builds up and coats the stems.

Its after the turbo,so it doesn't cause any issues there,but there are plenty of threads and pictures of gunked up TFSi valves.

2nd Gear

Status
    so if you was to get one fitted, you would be aswell to clean/replace intectors 1st or what? otherwise it seems pointless if the damage has been done lol?
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)

Rarely neutral

Status
    so if you was to get one fitted, you would be aswell to clean/replace intectors 1st or what? otherwise it seems pointless if the damage has been done lol?
    The injectors are usually fine,as they're inside the cylinders and out of harm's way.

The crud builds up on the valve stems and can reduce airflow if it gets to extremes.

This link may help a bit....

Intake valve carbon cleaning for the 2.0TFSI and 4.2FSI.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    well after seeing the c#$p inside the can i would say it's worth fitting. mine was fitted when car had only 15000km's and since then cleaned it twice and there's was about 1 litre of c#$p inside.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    nothing much, cleaned the car, put on the winter tyres, wheel weights were catching up on calipers so moved them to the centre of the wheels and flattened them. heat shield went in again, also replaced old tired catch can hoses as they started to split, and were getting oil on the outside, and turned from blue colour to awful green.
    sliced likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast