AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Silver...

  1. #1
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223

    Silver...

    Anybody know how many or which "silver's" 06/07 S-lines came in??

    Or any links to a good (and correct) colour codes site??

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,861
    Ice and Monza I think...
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  4. #3
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    sliver ones lmfao
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  5. #4
    According to my copies of the Price and Specification Guides for 2006/07, in all but the September 2007 issue the Silver is just listed as Silver Metallic with a code of 5B. In the September 2007 issue it's listed as Ice Silver Metallic with a code of 5P. The codes seem to be the Order codes for the colour rather than the factory 4-letter code.

    My current 2009 Sportback 2.0TDI is in Ice Silver and the paint code is LX7W
    Last edited by h5djr; 26th February 2011 at 06:59.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  6. #5
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    If its your car then the colour code is here
    Audi Paint Code Locations

    Check it against this
    2007 Audi A3 Touch Up Paint Colors

  7. #6
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    According to my copies of the Price and Specification Guides for 2006/07, in all but the September 2007 issue the Silver is just listed as Silver Metallic with a code of 5B. In the September 2007 issue it's listed as Ice Silver Metallic with a code of 5P. The codes seem to be the Order codes for the colour rather than the factory 4-letter code.

    My current 2009 Sportback 2.0TDI is in Ice Silver and the paint code is LX7W
    So I wonder when Akoya silver came out? Seen it listed as a 2007 colour as well.
    Also, 'ice silver'.... would you say that has a hint of blue in it???

    I know what my colour/code is but I'm being offered a 2006/2007 part which is "silver". The guy doesn't have the colour code but says there was only one silver in the A3 range for that year.

  8. #7
    jb0o's Avatar
    North East Forum Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East, UK
    Posts
    2,609
    My previous 04 A3 was in akoya silver.

    Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro


  9. #8
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    So I wonder when Akoya silver came out? Seen it listed as a 2007 colour as well.
    Also, 'ice silver'.... would you say that has a hint of blue in it???

    I know what my colour/code is but I'm being offered a 2006/2007 part which is "silver". The guy doesn't have the colour code but says there was only one silver in the A3 range for that year.
    Akoya's been out since the 8P1 days. buuuuut N8's Akoya car has a different paint code to the original Akoya because they changed it at some point. in any event it's not really silver is it, it's purple.

    Monza Silver wasn't released until well after. the only 8P2s i've seen with it are 57+.

    wouldn't Audi be able to tell you?
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  10. #9
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    Akoya's been out since the 8P1 days. buuuuut N8's Akoya car has a different paint code to the original Akoya because they changed it at some point. in any event it's not really silver is it, it's purple.

    Monza Silver wasn't released until well after. the only 8P2s i've seen with it are 57+.

    wouldn't Audi be able to tell you?
    I've given up asking Audi questions like this. You get different answers depending on which one of their guys you speak to.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO