8P1 Sport - S-line Front End

roston100

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade a few of my parts to s-line spec including the wheels, rear valance and spoiler but am unsure about the front bumper. Is there any difference on the 8P1? Mine is a 04 plate TDI Sport

thanks in advance

Last edited:
haha i thouht that was what you meant lmao , back to the Q are you thinking of changing your front end to the s-line full grill model or are you on about the spllt grill model like you have got now if your on about the split grill then the bumper is exactly the same just has got a s-line badge on it thats all

I would love to change to the full grill but i cant justify that kind of outlay to a new car tbh. id rather wait a couple of years and just buy a newer higher spec model! So the exterior differences then are - spoiler, rear valance, side skirts, ride height and alloys? and interior wise its steering wheel, seats and roof lining?

almost right there wheels 18's , ride height is lower 15mm i think than the sport , only bodywork difference is a few badges and spoiler on 8p1 s-lines , interior roof lining is the same as the sport,seats the same maybe different material ie part leather , badge on the steering wheel and the alu trims thats all really as early s-lines are sports with s-line package as an extra

ah fair play. Well ive got s-line springs fitted, the newer s-line 18" alloys, an S3 spoiler and am about to get the rear valance so exterior wise its there then! are there no side skirts on the s-line then? The difference with the seats is that the s-line have "s-line" embroided into the seats - mine are full leather though so wont be changing them! Will look to change the steering wheel at some time though that is very expensive! You mention the alu trims - which ones are different?

thanks for the help btw

nope no sideskirts on any s-line only on the S3 , the alu trims are brushed aluminium , again almost right they are only on the seats on later s-lines as the s-line wasnt a model only a trim spec on early cars but the seats are no different even on later cars only with s-line on them as you said otherwise the seats are all the same

Just been looking at some other pictures - some of the 8P1 s-lines have a grey plastic rear valance and some have the painted one. Is this right? or should all s-lines have the grey plastic valance?

they have prob be fitted by the owner all early cars bodywork wise was the same only the spoiler being different on the s-line there is a factory fitted bodykit you could buy when it was new tho have you heard of the votex bodykit ???

the votex front is a nice mod for the 8P1 and 8P2 non-S-Line cars. if i still had my 1.6 it would have had a votex front spoiler by now

ive got the votex rear on mine but when ive done my facelift conversion im going to do the whole s-line kit with the diffuser in the ebay add

whole s-line kit? i thought the s-line was just the spoiler - now im confused!! or do you mean the facelift model? Is that diffuser of the facelift model then?

lol yeah sorry im getting the full grill (facelift) front end , yeah that is off a facelift model as its off a 2006 model

My car has the full votex kit on it have a look on the grill post again to see sideskirts and front valance. It also has a rear bumper valance and the rear screen spoiler included in that kit and I'm getting the extended tail pipes put on too

i have just brought an s-line badge but i am struggling to fit it! there is no aperture for it and the gap in the plastic is 2 small to fit over my grille slat? any ideas?

what i did with mine was to mod it a bit to fit i just took a file to it and got it down so it would fit over my grill slats

yeah ill do the same -its quite a bit to file off though!