JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Help with my bluetooth? what are these wires?

Hi guys i have just got my bluetooth kit come this morning but i have a little issue. i have stripped the car and i am looking at the QUAD LOCK connector from my RNS. i dont know what to do with the bluetooth wires/plug or were they go? can someone please help me out? (i also hasve a cd changer in the glove box)

alls i need to know is what wires go were so i can then feed the wires up to the A pillar ....
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-line --- Full Leather, Reverse Sensors, Interior Light Pack, Privacy Glass, Bose, Climate Control, 18" S-Line Wheels
    Mods --- 19" RS4 Wheels, RNS, Cd Changer + Glovebox, Bluetooh (RNS Upgrade), Leather Armrest, Front Splitter, Gloss Black Grille

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    desperate for help ???
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-line --- Full Leather, Reverse Sensors, Interior Light Pack, Privacy Glass, Bose, Climate Control, 18" S-Line Wheels
    Mods --- 19" RS4 Wheels, RNS, Cd Changer + Glovebox, Bluetooh (RNS Upgrade), Leather Armrest, Front Splitter, Gloss Black Grille

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The box probably came from carsystems.pl & thus has a wiring layout inside a plastic bag iirc from others purchases, should advise what wire is what.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    NHN there is no wiring diagram in the bag .... just the wiring loom, mic, and antenna ....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you email them they will provide this info.

2nd Gear

Status
    i have emailed the seller of ebay and he says he has no instructions from the dealer as of yet :/ i have wired the blue and green to PIN 12 and PIN 6 of the connector plug but still no bluetooth working on the RNS :/ do you maybe have a wiring diagram NHN ?

2nd Gear

Status
    does anyone know weer i need to put these wires? my car is in bits :S

2nd Gear

Status
    just to update, i "think" i have put the wires in the right place (red, orange, pink, black, brown, white, GREEN + BLUE wires) and still when i press "telephone" on the RNS nothing comes on .... now apparantley i have been told i have to code the RNS so it knows it has bluetooth for it to work ? so basically once fitted all the wires and then coded it .... it will all work? can anyone confirm this please ? thanks marnie

2nd Gear

Status
    UPDATE - i have the bluetooth intergrating with the RNS but i need to enter a bluetooth PIN number? can anyone help?

2nd Gear

Status
    Isnt the pin number one you make up? As long as you enter the same pin in your phone it should pair them up...I think....

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah but it isnt pearing ... it isnt even finding a phone .... it has not been coded yet so i think that may be the fault .... got a audi master tech coming tommorrow so fingers crossed

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You cant do these jobs without coding, stop being a tight arse, if you can afford the mods, then you can afford the cable :P

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marnie2k View Post
    UPDATE - i have the bluetooth intergrating with the RNS but i need to enter a bluetooth PIN number? can anyone help?
    Hi, to enter pin for bluetooth devices to pair up you have do some coding via VCDs as below:

#77 Adaptation 10

-> Channel 135 ( -PassKey)
    default: 1234

I found the following PDF as i was doing some research into fitting bluetooth myself once i fit the RNSE this weekend.

Audi A3 8P RNS-E Bluetooth Sharkfin Install V1.0 | Download Pdf

Hope this helps.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

2nd Gear

Status
    NHN that isnt nice i got the bluetooth kit thinking that all was in the kit i had which i had been mislead :/ im not a tight arse lol

2nd Gear

Status
    also bluespark that is brilliant those instructions looks really clear and precise i will pass them on to the audi lad tommoz thanks

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marnie2k View Post
    NHN that isnt nice i got the bluetooth kit thinking that all was in the kit i had which i had been mislead :/ im not a tight arse lol
    What you mean its not nice, I put a smiley tongue in cheek at end of my post, but come on its true, how many of members on here buy all these technical mods costing literally thousands, then wont buy the proper tools to do the mods, then find they need it & scramble to get it say coded, cant see the logic tbh, you cant argue its a fair POV.

You know very well these things need coding, so why make life hard for yourself, it doesnt bother me who or if you buy or not, its just a POV & opinion.

Also, you bought the kit thinking it had the vcds cable inside the kit??? You were clearly not mislead, come on chap, own up you just didnt want to spend money on the programming tool.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Guys

Just recieved my bluetooth kit and planning to install this weekend. Just a quick question..does anyone know how to safely remove the a-pillar without airbag going off? do i have to disconnect battery when removing trim to avoid airbag deploying?
    Ron

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

6th Gear

Status
    anyone?
    Ron

2nd Gear

Status
    erm our audi techinican that works here did mine he just pulled it very carefully but used needle nose pliars to squeeze the pins togeather

6th Gear

Status
    cheers marnie, did he have to take the rubber tdoor seals off at top to get to the a-piller? if so im guessing they just pull off
    Ron

6th Gear

Status
    Hi guys, i tried pulling off the rubber door seals this evening to get to the a-pillar however they wernt going anywhere! lol Can anyone give me some advice on getting the top part off to access the a-pillar please. Thanks in advance.
    Ron

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Give them a good tug at the top & they will pop off & slide upwards, look out for the bottom clip falling out, they're designed to do this & dont touch the seals.

6th Gear

Status
    cheers NHN glad i dont have to touch the seals.
    Ron

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice link to pdf on a rogh guide HOW TO
    cheers