Help with my bluetooth? what are these wires?

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys i have just got my bluetooth kit come this morning but i have a little issue. i have stripped the car and i am looking at the QUAD LOCK connector from my RNS. i dont know what to do with the bluetooth wires/plug or were they go? can someone please help me out? (i also hasve a cd changer in the glove box)
DSC03812.jpg

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

alls i need to know is what wires go were so i can then feed the wires up to the A pillar ....

The box probably came from carsystems.pl & thus has a wiring layout inside a plastic bag iirc from others purchases, should advise what wire is what.

NHN there is no wiring diagram in the bag .... just the wiring loom, mic, and antenna ....

If you email them they will provide this info.

i have emailed the seller of ebay and he says he has no instructions from the dealer as of yet :/ i have wired the blue and green to PIN 12 and PIN 6 of the connector plug but still no bluetooth working on the RNS :/ do you maybe have a wiring diagram NHN ?

does anyone know weer i need to put these wires? my car is in bits :S

just to update, i "think" i have put the wires in the right place (red, orange, pink, black, brown, white, GREEN + BLUE wires) and still when i press "telephone" on the RNS nothing comes on .... now apparantley i have been told i have to code the RNS so it knows it has bluetooth for it to work ? so basically once fitted all the wires and then coded it .... it will all work? can anyone confirm this please ? thanks marnie

UPDATE - i have the bluetooth intergrating with the RNS but i need to enter a bluetooth PIN number? can anyone help?

Isnt the pin number one you make up? As long as you enter the same pin in your phone it should pair them up...I think....

yeah but it isnt pearing ... it isnt even finding a phone .... it has not been coded yet so i think that may be the fault .... got a audi master tech coming tommorrow so fingers crossed :)

You cant do these jobs without coding, stop being a tight ****, if you can afford the mods, then you can afford the cable :p

UPDATE - i have the bluetooth intergrating with the RNS but i need to enter a bluetooth PIN number? can anyone help?

Hi, to enter pin for bluetooth devices to pair up you have do some coding via VCDs as below:

#77 Adaptation 10

-> Channel 135 ( -PassKey)
default: 1234

I found the following PDF as i was doing some research into fitting bluetooth myself once i fit the RNSE this weekend.

Audi A3 8P RNS-E Bluetooth Sharkfin Install V1.0 | Download Pdf

Hope this helps.

NHN that isnt nice :( i got the bluetooth kit thinking that all was in the kit i had which i had been mislead :/ im not a tight **** lol

also bluespark that is brilliant those instructions looks really clear and precise i will pass them on to the audi lad tommoz thanks :)

NHN that isnt nice :( i got the bluetooth kit thinking that all was in the kit i had which i had been mislead :/ im not a tight **** lol

What you mean its not nice, I put a smiley tongue in cheek at end of my post, but come on its true, how many of members on here buy all these technical mods costing literally thousands, then wont buy the proper tools to do the mods, then find they need it & scramble to get it say coded, cant see the logic tbh, you cant argue its a fair POV.

You know very well these things need coding, so why make life hard for yourself, it doesnt bother me who or if you buy or not, its just a POV & opinion. :)

Also, you bought the kit thinking it had the vcds cable inside the kit??? You were clearly not mislead, come on chap, own up you just didnt want to spend money on the programming tool. :)

Hi Guys

Just recieved my bluetooth kit and planning to install this weekend. Just a quick question..does anyone know how to safely remove the a-pillar without airbag going off? do i have to disconnect battery when removing trim to avoid airbag deploying?

erm our audi techinican that works here did mine he just pulled it very carefully but used needle nose pliars to squeeze the pins togeather

cheers marnie, did he have to take the rubber tdoor seals off at top to get to the a-piller? if so im guessing they just pull off

Hi guys, i tried pulling off the rubber door seals this evening to get to the a-pillar however they wernt going anywhere! lol Can anyone give me some advice on getting the top part off to access the a-pillar please. Thanks in advance.

Give them a good tug at the top & they will pop off & slide upwards, look out for the bottom clip falling out, they're designed to do this & dont touch the seals.

nice link to pdf on a rogh guide HOW TO
cheers