Coil pack recall 28E9 - Anyone know anything?

Minstadave

Reaction score
Spotted a few forums talking about Audi replacing its coil packs on a wide range of it's TFSI engines, anyone heard anything more about this?

Last edited:
there is a thread on the 8l forum on here matey its ALL petrol engines not just the tfsi all you do is phone audi near to you qoute the number and they will tell you if your car is on the recall list if it is then you get 4 shiny new coilpacks for the great price of sweet f.a

Yep, had my 05 3.2 quattro done today. Had one go a fortnight ago so this was a very timely recall for me!

Yep, had my 05 3.2 quattro done today. Had one go a fortnight ago so this was a very timely recall for me!
did they give your money back for the one you bought mate as i had one go a few months back , yeah talk about good timing eh lol

Nah, I had a spare in the drawer that I had been keeping for a rainy day!. Now I've got 6 new shiny ones:)

i was meant to phone cardiff audi today but didnt get time but will be on to them in the morning i want my free coils lol

Booked in for Monday, sweet! Will see if it makes any difference to my slightly rough idle.

can someone please try and confirm this so this is applicable to 2005 cars?? i have rang my Local audi and they know nothing about this??

Mine is a 2008 audi s3??

Just ask them to check for recall's using your reg number. Not sure if it's all petrol models or certain ones but mines an 05 as I said before and it's been done

All of mine were replaced today, got a free valet and wash too. Looks like it's cured my rough idle. Result!

I got called back last week there and nothing to report as I had already changed the coil packs to the latest revision when I had missfiring issues last year.

My missus '04 R32 has just had them done ... as a recall ... so pretty chuffed as no cost (Was billed as £145 I think)

Just called audi and my 57 plate S3 was not applicable.

My 07 S3 is having them replaced today - was in for Haldex oil change anyway and they just added it to the job card.

Thats very odd. Strange how some are included and some not.

Bit of a thread revival here.....

My 2006 s3 is idling very eratic, thought it could be a coil pack breaking down, phoned Bath Audi and asked them if i qualified for the coil packs, indeed i do, 5th of August i will be getting new ones :)

In my mind im thinking maybe not a coil pack and maybe a sensor?

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

My 2005 A3 3.2 go in for coil packs on weds and need to make a booking for the 2006 A4 3.2 as well

Thank you Audi!

Was wondering if anyone has had the recall on a 2002 audi a6 3.0 quattro
Thanks!!

I have a 1.8 t sport agu 2001 a3, called audi and im booked in for 4 new coilpacks, a full valet, helth inspection inc oil top up washer fluid top up coolant top up including bulb replacement (1 sidelight bulb thank you) and a free lift home whilst the work is carried out all for a massive £0 ha ha.

Thanks you Leeds Audi 11 years later and still changing coil packs lol.

So just call your local give them your reg and hope yours is on the list.

I've just been looking through the Service record book on my new purchase and notice under
'Workshop remarks'
A stamp by Audi Glasgow and 28E9 written above it, would this be for this recall?

I would be interested in this to as my coilpacks have just gone on my 2010 TFSI could this be available for recall?

Call them and ask. I phoned to order one new coil pack on my v8 S4 and they said "oh - there's a recall on them - come and have them all replaced!"

Happy days.