clutch problems with 2.0tdi 140 remaps??

rickyt

Reaction score
hi not long ago iv baught an 2006 a3 2.0 tdi quattro s line. I did want the 170 bhp model but it was hard to find one with the right milage an price so i got the 140. I love the car :yes: however its not the 170. So iv spoke to amd in essex about the stage 1 which would put it up to 185bhp. I have heard that they are the best people to go to. They say the clutch will be fine, others say it willl slip. i really want it done but dont want it to go! be grateful for any feedback thanks rich.:unsure:

aslong as its not high milage and your clutch is already half dead. then it shouldnt slip at all. it will gradually wear faster but thats normal.

thanks 4 the reply mate its done 59 000 so not that high. ill get it done then :)

Really depends on how you drive. It should be fine with ocasional hard driving but if your wanting to launch it at the lights everytime then best start saving for a clutch.

oh im gunna get it done :) i wouldnt rag it all the time an f1 starts off the lights cause dont wanna fork out for new clutch. Fair play mate your car looks mint! I take it you have got an uprated clutch? whats it pushing out? So its unlikly my clutch will go if i drive sencibly an have fun now an again lol? Just dont wanna ****** up my car be heartbroken saved hard.