Guidance !

marnie2k

Reaction score
Sorry to jump this thread but how come the one you linked to says it needs soldering and the one in the first part is plug and play, or are they both plug and play?

smoothie - so long as i put the unit behind the glovebox it will work though right?

Hi guys
i was after just a little advice and help. i have just bought this off ebay ( AUDI RNS-E BLUETOOTH HANDSFREE KIT FOR A3 A4 A6 TT on eBay (end time 06-Mar-11 18:34:17 GMT) )

i have 55 reg a3 with RNS
is this literally plug and play and coding and im all done? also is everything i need to do the bluetooth upgrade included in this item ? is it easy to do guys ? thanks marnie

Marnie - can I ask a serious question please ? :-

Why did you buy something before you knew exactly what was required to fit it ?

Most peope research the project in detail before purchase (or should do )!

Please tell me because I think I must be doing it wrong !!:unsure:

mike foster.
i was just after re-asuring i had bought the right item thats all .....

Ok firstly when i bought off that guy it didn't need soldering lol it was plug and play so sorry for linking that one he must have changed something

but yes mate that kit you bought is the OEM module and mic etc but it will not fit behind the glovebox like in the A4 as there is no room there in the A3, the wiring lengths may vary but it does say on (A3 - will need to be lengthened for passenger seat) and the kit i seen from this guy needed the wires cut and lengthened during install to make them long enough to locate everything in factory position, which is what i would advise you to do its quite simple and the wires will be buried

mike foster.
i was just after re-asuring i had bought the right item thats all .....

Yeah - I understand that, but isn't that backwards way round ?

Don't you find out what the correct item is first, and then buy it when you find it ?