OEM Alarm retrofit... Help needed.

micasb

Reaction score
Hi people.

I want to retrofit the OEM alarm to my A3.
I already serched ELSA for schematics, but didn't find what i was looking for, as the only thing they show is connections to the siren and very little more...
I know that a tow protection module is also used, but once again no schematics available on ELSA...
If someone has already made this please give some lights on how to do it because i want to put in an alarm, but keep it OEM :)

Best regards and thanks in advance.

i thought all audis had alarms

Urrmm new one, is this another european tight assed audi stunt as I also believed was on all cars in vag stands these days?

Yeah this has suprised me, Im the one with the 08 Sportback thats so basic I have to start it with a crank handle....but its definately alarmed alright.

he prob cant find the buttons for the sensors and tow off

Hi people.

I want to retrofit the OEM alarm to my A3.
I already serched ELSA for schematics, but didn't find what i was looking for, as the only thing they show is connections to the siren and very little more...
I know that a tow protection module is also used, but once again no schematics available on ELSA...
If someone has already made this please give some lights on how to do it because i want to put in an alarm, but keep it OEM :)

Best regards and thanks in advance.

What makes you think you have not got an alarm ?

I swear I have had this discussion with the OP before, he does tend to come back a year later to discuss problems still about lol

Hi,

I know i do not have the alarm...
I have no interior monitoring and on convenience module i have the alarm coding off.
sadly not all Audis come with an alarm. Mine hasn't

what year is your car
your car has got a convenience module as all audis have them

well id see audi uk then as you have been robbed
even my ****** old a3 my b4 all had alarms
have you got vcds ?

he could have said
but id still be at audi to see why not

he could have said
but id still be at audi to see why not

Here in Portugal Alarm is optional...
But can someone manage to get me the scematics? If it is available.

Regards.

Elsawin is the schematics of which you already have, so you only need the parts & wiring.

Elsawin is the schematics of which you already have, so you only need the parts & wiring.

Yes but Elsa shows nothing about the towing control unit wiring... and the connections to central convenience...

Yes it does, check 04/05 if yours isnt listed.

Found the schematics.
I just have one more issue...
They reffer to a rear window glass break sensor...
Where can i find this? Already searched on ETKA but nothing... :(

Also could not find the wiring that goes to the switch on the door :(

Also could not find the wiring that goes to the switch on the door :(

I would have though that would be on the door loom section and is probably connected via the drivers door control module.

Paul

I would have though that would be on the door loom section and is probably connected via the drivers door control module.

Paul

Will try to find it there but i think i already searched there and found nothing...

Will try to find it there but i think i already searched there and found nothing...

After some research i found the wiring schematics.
Regarding that sensor of the rear window, saw on the net that it already comes with the rear window, that's why i can't find it on ETKA... Can someone check this for me?
Would be very grateful.

Best regards

hi, just a little update. Had this done today. OEM alarm has been sucessfully retrofited and worked like a charm at first attempt. :) the so called sensor on the rear window it's just a connection/wire that goes to the 46 module from the rear window. Cheers