RNS-E compatible with iPhone 4?

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I tried out the built-in iPod connection in the glovebox today only to find that nothing happens - no charge and no recognition from the RNS-E.

Is my iPhone 4 compatible?

Probably because the ipod interface needs an adapter for iphone 4, how old is the interface as if before iphone 4, then probably cause pins were moved about again by apple arrgghhhh

Probably because the ipod interface needs an adapter for iphone 4, how old is the interface as if before iphone 4, then probably cause pins were moved about again by apple arrgghhhh

Ah I see what you mean.

So I need to look into swapping out the actual ipod connection for a new one?

Well you could just find an adapter cable to plug into the ipod interface that converts the pins or try repinning yourself, bit of a ball breaker, alternatively if you want full iphone etc integration then upgrade system to mk2 rns with ami of which I do, not cheap but nice setup.

Well you could just find an adapter cable to plug into the ipod interface that converts the pins or try repinning yourself, bit of a ball breaker, alternatively if you want full iphone etc integration then upgrade system to mk2 rns with ami of which I do, not cheap but nice setup.

Would it be a cable that runs from the back of the RNS-E to the glovebox that I'm looking for?

No, was thinking a cable that plugs into the ipod adapter then into the iphone 4, think I've seen some somewhere.

No, was thinking a cable that plugs into the ipod adapter then into the iphone 4, think I've seen some somewhere.

Ok that seems easy enough and means I dont have to reach right in everytime I need my phone.

Thanks