JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

RNS-E compatible with iPhone 4?

I tried out the built-in iPod connection in the glovebox today only to find that nothing happens - no charge and no recognition from the RNS-E.

Is my iPhone 4 compatible?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Probably because the ipod interface needs an adapter for iphone 4, how old is the interface as if before iphone 4, then probably cause pins were moved about again by apple arrgghhhh

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Probably because the ipod interface needs an adapter for iphone 4, how old is the interface as if before iphone 4, then probably cause pins were moved about again by apple arrgghhhh
    Ah I see what you mean.

So I need to look into swapping out the actual ipod connection for a new one?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well you could just find an adapter cable to plug into the ipod interface that converts the pins or try repinning yourself, bit of a ball breaker, alternatively if you want full iphone etc integration then upgrade system to mk2 rns with ami of which I do, not cheap but nice setup.

3rd Gear

Status
    Well you could just find an adapter cable to plug into the ipod interface that converts the pins or try repinning yourself, bit of a ball breaker, alternatively if you want full iphone etc integration then upgrade system to mk2 rns with ami of which I do, not cheap but nice setup.
    Would it be a cable that runs from the back of the RNS-E to the glovebox that I'm looking for?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No, was thinking a cable that plugs into the ipod adapter then into the iphone 4, think I've seen some somewhere.

3rd Gear

Status
    No, was thinking a cable that plugs into the ipod adapter then into the iphone 4, think I've seen some somewhere.
    Ok that seems easy enough and means I dont have to reach right in everytime I need my phone.

Thanks