MW 909 - Footy??

Sparkie

Reaction score
My RNS-E in the S3 unfortunately provides a completely un-listeneable quality for Radio 5, 80% of the time. Not looking for anything amazing but it's where I like to get my news and sports from.

I can see that digital radio is not possible at least not at any reasonable expense so what do people do to catch up with the footy when on the move? Is there anyway to boost the signal?

Last edited:
Nope, pretty sure it came fitted. Why do you ask?

I had mine retrofitted and had reception problems from day 1. Then I found out that post 2007 (iirc) cars require an antenna uprade in the tailgate, which cost me £150 for the kit from a guy on here, then another member, Jonny `jb0o` did me a favour and fitted it.

Worth checking to see if its defo original factory fit.

Paul

Mine works fine on 5live, could be your area ? Mine is not factory fit ..

You can add digital with a Pure Highway for about £60.

I had mine retrofitted and had reception problems from day 1. Then I found out that post 2007 (iirc) cars require an antenna uprade in the tailgate, which cost me £150 for the kit from a guy on here, then another member, Jonny `jb0o` did me a favour and fitted it.

Worth checking to see if its defo original factory fit.

Paul

Good shout mate. I've just checked and it definitely wasn't retrofitted but what you have said regarding post 2007 cars is of interest. Mine was registered April 2007. Will see what I can find out from my local dealer.

Dont think it's the area as my last car didn't have any problems.

Remove radio (make sure have code incase it doesnt remember your vin for some obscure reason) check connections at rear, maybe take pic of the antenna connections/looms & show us mate, then we can maybe confirm if was oem or retro fitted.