How many services should this car have had?

jon208

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hopefully finally getting an A3 on Saturday. The car in question is on a 57 plate and has covered 27000 miles. I don't really understand the Audi variable servicing - how many services should a car of that age/milage have had?

Thanks
Jon

Thanks - so how do I know when the next one is due?

It should have had one, variable kicks in at a certain mileages depending on how hard you use it. If you hardly use it like the car your looking at, it would have aked for a service at 2 years which is the maximum you can leave it. Its probably due another quite soon. Its easy to check the DIS in the car to see when. Always a good haggle point if its due and the car your looking at is at a dealer

Silly question - do I have to figure this out for myself or does the car tell me when it'd like a service via the DIS?

It could be coming up to its third at 30k if its not on the variable mileage plan. If you plan to keep the car then get it on to an annual service anyway. Variable is fine for first owners or people who will sell before 50k miles but anyone who likes their car is not going to leave the oil in it for 20kmiles/2 years :).

Pull the milage re set knob while driving to get the service info on the DIS

Silly question - do I have to figure this out for myself or does the car tell me when it'd like a service via the DIS?

the car will tell you. if one is imminent it'll say "SERVICE!" on the DIS for a moment on start up. if you wanna see when it's next due one click on the reset button under the wiper stalk, scroll down to "CHECK" and then "SERVICE" and it'll tell you in miles and in days.

my 55 plate with 21500 the clock had had 3 services when i bought it. it's an older car tho, and a lot of that will have been time dependent. that said, i've had it for 7 months and 14k miles now, and it's only just complaining it needs another service, and i had them service the car for me when i bought it