Automatic Headlight warning light

themikeyboosh

Reaction score
I've tried a search but can't see any info.

Recently, I've had the automatic headlight warning light popup on the dashboard, but while it's on, the headlight still continue to turn on and off automatically (if I go under a fly over for instance, they come on)

It's only came on twice, once about a week ago when I started the engine, and this morning after about 5 mins of driving.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? I am led to believe that the a new sensor would require a new windscreen? I could be wrong there?

it prolly the auto leveller playing up.
Scan for faults with VCDS.
There is a sansor on the front and rear suspension.

Do they auto level as well? I've got a dial to adjust the level that near the headlight switch. I wasn't aware they levelled automatically as well.

My mistake, I assumed you had xenons as you have autolights.
A fault code scan would be the first step to finding the problem.

Do they auto level as well? I've got a dial to adjust the level that near the headlight switch. I wasn't aware they levelled automatically as well.

No they don't as you don't have Xenons... Do your Auto Wipers still work??

if you have auto lights then you have auto wipers as they use the same sensor mate

As advised, scan the car to determine the fault 1st, could remove the headlight switch to see if connector has come unplugged aswell, but scan will definitely point you in right direction.

.....could remove the headlight switch to see if connector has come unplugged aswell, but scan will definitely point you in right direction.

They still do work though, they switch on when going under a fly over then turn back off again when I'm out.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get it scanned.

You're confusing 2 different systems, auto lights are nothing to do with levelling systems, 1 will work without the other.

thanks to everyone who replied, it's sorted now;

I had it scanned as suggested but it didn't return any errors for the auto lights feature, but it did tell me both my tail lights were out. Had a quick look, both had blown, 2 replacements and £4 later and I'm very happy! Not sure why these would trigger the warning light, maybe cos I don't have DIS and it tries it's best to inform you anyway it can!

Thanks again.

I would now be worried as to why they BOTH blew... I mean one yeah ok. But both at the same time??!!

Coincidense is always a possibility no matter how unlikely you may deem it. Murphy had the right idea. Besides, they might not have blown at exactly the same time.