Chris NottEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Paying for a New A3

Hi,

Yesterday, I had a phone call from Audi saying that the car has arrived at the dealers, and is awaiting pick up on a 11 Plate. They gave me my reg, and asked for a date I would like to pick it up on.

I haven't got a date yet - due to work. However, I gave them a quick phone call today to ask how much delivery is to my address - considering the dealership is 140+ miles away. They quoted that it will be on the back of a trailer charging 125. They also told me that the car MUST be paid for, before even going down to pick it up, or having it delivered so it can be taxed and registered.

I am going through a Broker, but I am now dealing with the the Audi Dealer - but the fleet department. Last time I purchased an Audi from our Local Audi Dealership the salesman taxed and registered the car when we were there.

Does this seem right? I questioned them about this, but they said it was company policy, and they will send me pictures of the car through E-Mail.
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    if i were you id go and pick it up in person tbh that way you can inspect it before buying it

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes, I was in two minds of having it delivered or picking it up to be honest! But when they told me that it will be on the back of a trailer, and not a transporter! They said it was company policy though to pay before collecting!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    they cant stop you from inspecting it though before paying! They cant expect you to fork out all that money without even seeing it

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Hi,

Yesterday, I had a phone call from Audi saying that the car has arrived at the dealers, and is awaiting pick up on a 11 Plate. They gave me my reg, and asked for a date I would like to pick it up on.

I haven't got a date yet - due to work. However, I gave them a quick phone call today to ask how much delivery is to my address - considering the dealership is 140+ miles away. They quoted that it will be on the back of a trailer charging 125. They also told me that the car MUST be paid for, before even going down to pick it up, or having it delivered so it can be taxed and registered.

I am going through a Broker, but I am now dealing with the the Audi Dealer - but the fleet department. Last time I purchased an Audi from our Local Audi Dealership the salesman taxed and registered the car when we were there.

Does this seem right? I questioned them about this, but they said it was company policy, and they will send me pictures of the car through E-Mail.
    You got there in the end Matty Enjoy your new car feller Mines knudging 4 months old now and the 1.4T is settled in and running great Missus can get 40/42 MPG knocking about local I'm no where near that The old Ibis Sline really stands out from the crowd when clean But thats another story Enjoy
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Smiley face overload?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    You got there in the end Matty Enjoy your new car feller Mines knudging 4 months old now and the 1.4T is settled in and running great Missus can get 40/42 MPG knocking about local I'm no where near that The old Ibis Sline really stands out from the crowd when clean But thats another story Enjoy
    Haha, I just saw millions of smiley faces!! Yeh, it's came through much quicker than expected - had an estimated delivery date of June!! I will do, just need to sort out this paying side of it, and if I should have it delivered or pick it up! I rung this Morning to discuss the above, and she said she would send pictures - been refreshing my inbox, but nothing has come through yet!!

How are you finding the 1.4T?

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Haha, I just saw millions of smiley faces!! Yeh, it's came through much quicker than expected - had an estimated delivery date of June!! I will do, just need to sort out this paying side of it, and if I should have it delivered or pick it up! I rung this Morning to discuss the above, and she said she would send pictures - been refreshing my inbox, but nothing has come through yet!!

How are you finding the 1.4T?
    Even though its a long haul i would be inclined to pick it up ! Mine had a discolouration on the chrome grill and rear badge which i picked up straight away, although i did have to take it back to get them changed.
    The 1.4T is fine, smooth, quiet, excellent MPG and for 125PS it pulls its little heart out when you kick its arse a little.

Ibis looks brill but with the dirty weather we have had takes a little keeping on top of, but when clean it really is an eye catcher.

We payed for ours on the day we picked it up.

Enjoy yours feller and let me know what you think of that big little engine.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Pick it up, 140 miles away is a nice drive back to give her a test drive, inspect before paying, dont hand over dough until personally checked.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Pick it up, 140 miles away is a nice drive back to give her a test drive, inspect before paying, dont hand over dough until personally checked.
    +2
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Reverse Gear

Status
    I was asked to pay for my 11 Plate S3 this week before picking it up on th 1st. Told them I wouldn't be handing over a penny until I had personally inspected it.

Neutral

Status
    ALWAYS inspect it first, I'm sure they can tax/register it before you pay, somebody may have just let them down recently and they're being over cautious. If you play your face a bit I'm sure they'll play ball, especially when buying a new car.

Don't pay a penny before Its inspected, regardless of wether it was a 500 car or 30k car, I'd never buy a car without seeing it in the flesh.
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI - Black - Anthracite BBS CK's

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 Race Car

2nd Gear

Status
    Spoke to Audi and they have agreed to pay on collection!

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    i also agree on this its not worth it esp for a new car plus you can drive it home with a big grin on your face
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Neutral

Status
    I paid for mine when I picked it up. Make sure you inspect it thoroughly, mine had a discolouration on the rear side near the passenger window. It had to be resprayed to fix it