Aluminium steering wheel trim?

moag

she's no d-turbo
Reaction score
Hi lads & lasses. Does anyone know if the aluminium trim surrounding the rings on the sport steering wheel can be removed? The previous owner of my car has scratched the hell out of it, id like to replace it or try to polish it back to its former glory

Thanks

According to ETKA you can buy replacement black/chrome covers.

Part numbers are :- 8T0 419 673 D (left) and 673 E (right)

What I don't understand, and may be a mistake, is that the left one is about £40 ish and the right one is £115 !!

Anyway, you could give Audi a ring and check.

Hope this has been some help

Cheers

I think he means the alum trim that is on the airbag face that encompasses the center 4 rings, not the MF/dummy insert, if so then this comes on the airbag cover which isnt possible to renew solely from audi, however, there are new airbag covers available on ebay, but you need to remove the old one which is riveted to the airbag itself & then rivet it again on new one, not impossible, but ball breaker.

Its that berry juice again hey MIke :p

No worries, good to keep eachother on our toes as you have your wino & I have Isabella lmfao

Thanks NHN. Sounds like a bit of a ball ache to remove it. Il have a go at polishing it in place as it does my head in seeing all the scratches whilst driving. Cheers boyos

I actually once removed one from the airbag cover to repaint it as like yours it was full of scratches. It was tricky to remove as the trim is designed to break open in 2 places when the airbag fires. The chrome paint was also a fiddly job, but I did eventually and get it done and re-fitted. Would I do it again.................NO................. i'd hold out for a cover lol!