Quick question/s on rear bumper

Jimmy_bfd

Reaction score
Hi, i appriciate that there is aready a thread covering this topic quiet well but i am still unsure about 1 or 2 things. Soo. . .
. . . Quick thread if someone can clear it up for me. ok here goes;

My current car looks like the following

PIC 1
184069_190620760970122_100000665977246_523564_6521656_n.jpg

I want it to look like the following

PIC 2
179815_190612150970983_100000665977246_523535_5167709_n.jpg

So from what i have gathered, The bumper is in 2 parts, upper and lower - with the lower part is with the grey part. The lower part is around £100 from dealers so now i just need the upper (which is alot dearer bout 250ish).

I belive the S line Upper bumper from 2006 on is the same as the S3 bumper as shown below

PIC 3
183576_190612204304311_100000665977246_523537_3777634_n.jpg

The upper part of this differers from my bumper as it has no bumper strip at the top and just looks alot more smooth in my opinion anyway

My question is,
1) Is it true that the upper bumper from pic 2&3 is the same?
2) Will the bottom part from pic 2 (the s3) fit on to an s line upper bumper
3) If i do fit on an S3 bottom bit, does it all line up i.e exhaust in the right place?
4) Anyone have the part number for the upper bumper?

I am quiet sure all this will fit my car and all i need is the upper bumper from an s line 06 plate (does it have to be an s line?) and ten the lower bit from an s3 and i wioll have what i want but...
I just want some one to validate i am correct (and add a link to ebay for the correct part if possible).

Thanks in advance

1. Yes both rear bumpers are the same on the S-line/S3.
2. Yes
3. I know of two people that had a problem with it lining up but most have not. So i wouldnt worry.
4. Dont have the part number PM Dave @ Stoke Audi he can get you it or ask Mike, user name mike foster nicely and he should be able to get the part number send him a pm.
You will need an S-line rear bumper for the S3 valance to fit . Standard, Special edition or Sport rear bumper wont fit you will have to mod the clips and not 100% that it will look right or be secure.
I couldnt see an bumper on ebay but sure one of the other guys will spot one. Will have another look tomorow

Or just buy an S3 rear bumper complete :)

@ Nigel, What do you mean by s3 rear bumper complete? will that work out easier? cheaper or faster?
@ Benskin Cheers mate, Where just a little confused and didnt want to go buy the wrong part but i'm happy i know what i'm doing/looking for now,

thanks

Or just buy an S3 rear bumper complete :)

Or do as Nigel said lol. If you can get an cheap used s-line bumper on ebay and by the valance new could work out cheaper. But as Nigel said depens where you get them from.
No problem Jim:thumbsup:

The way i see it,

Option 1;
From dealers, to do the rear conversion i will have to buy the upper part which is around 250ish i think and then the lower part which it 100ish. Looking at £350 in total then painting it.

Option 2;
Buy the lower part from dealers 100ish, and then buy the upper part from scrap yard/breakers/ebay (guessing 50-100quid). This will total £150-£200 and then paint it where i will have saved a possible £200.

Option 3;
If there is a better way in your opinion or something i have not looked at then i'm willing to look at that road

:icon_thumright:

If you can get an cheap used s-line bumper on ebay and by the valance new could work out cheaper. But as Nigel said depens where you get them from.
No problem Jim:thumbsup:

That is what i am planning on doing, want to save a few bob as got a few mods in the pipline i also want to do

That is what i am planning on doing, want to save a few bob as got a few mods in the pipline i also want to do

Yeah you should be able to pick up an S-line rear bumper on ebay for less than £90 on its own with now valance. Good luck and let us know how you get on