Rear Bumper Styles New A3s

Farhan

Reaction score
Hi all good news i placed my deposit on a a3 1.8tfsi 3 door in lava grey with the s line kit but im a bit confused.

Basically below is a photo of the exact kind of spec car i have gone for it has the rear valance as shown below.

standard_3_c.jpg

From what i can see the lights look similar but the bumper i want on it is the one as shown below which seems like the newer shape.

image.jpg

Would this be a straight forward swap as i can see its the whole bumper and not just a valance?

Also is anyone able to post any more genuine rear lips by audi that would integrate nicely with the car?

I want the car looking very oem but i prefer some different style rear lips but i want them to be genuine audi ones and still match the s line sides and front.

Any pictures and possible prices would be great :thumbsup:

bottom pic is a newer bumper i have one fitted to an 56 plate straight swap

You will need a new bumper and the lower valance and the honey comb effect grilles that goes on the valance. Pm Stoke Audi on here, I'd say your looking at over £200+ for new parts. Try eBay normally see a few facelift rear bumpers on there

The bumper on your car is made up of 3 (upper bumper, lower bumper, valance) parts however the facelift bumper is made up of 2 (bumper, valance), so you will need a whole new bumper.

Ah cool thanks guys, anyone got some pics up? Right i see so the black lower part on the new one has to be bought separate along with the honey comb grill. I will message stoke audi thanks for the info.

@ benskin nice motor is that lava grey aswell?

Also are there any other nice alternatives which are just the valance that will fit on my bumper, i havent even picked the car up yet haha its still a week to go as need to drive up and part ex mine but i have a few ideas on the cards.

I intend to just lower on springs as my last car was on coilovers and its the daily drive and comfort i want. Also a nice set of the standard audi style bbs CHs would do me proud.:blush:

Last edited:
Ah cool thanks guys, anyone got some pics up? Right i see so the black lower part on the new one has to be bought separate along with the honey comb grill. I will message stoke audi thanks for the info.

@ benskin nice motor is that lava grey aswell?

Also are there any other nice alternatives which are just the valance that will fit on my bumper, i havent even picked the car up yet haha its still a week to go as need to drive up and part ex mine but i have a few ideas on the cards.

I intend to just lower on springs as my last car was on coilovers and its the daily drive and comfort i want. Also a nice set of the standard audi style bbs CHs would do me proud.:blush:

Cheers fella, yes it is Lava Grey. Check the link in my sig for more photos.
I believe you can fit an 8P2 S3 valance to the older S-line bumper? sure one of the other guys can confirm this. Sounds like you got some good plans keep an eye out on ebay for the OEM BBS CH Style alloys cant remember there name. If your looking for springs speak to Damien on here over @ DPM Performance. I'd say its good your doing your research and have plans before you even have the car saves time once you do have it haha :) enjoy it once you do and get some photos up

Here a few photos

Mine
26012011-4.jpg

a3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Warren's
DSC01319.jpg

DSC01319-1.jpg

Lee's
lee.jpg

EDIT: More photos im a picture whore:happy:

Last edited:
mhmm s3 ah i would love to but im going to wait till i can push to an S3 one day. Thanks for the photos, just had a look through your thread some really nice progress on your car i love it. Glad im going for a lava grey now as i was adament on black at first but its time for a change.

Oddly enough what made me actually want to buy the a3 was a drive to work when i saw an a3 with that rear bumper. I was like hmm i want that car.

Going for the 1.8TFSi as remarkably its the cheapest for me to insure! even the 140 diesel was working out more for me and i really wanted to stick with a petrol. Im just hoping i can get it pushing comfortably in the 210-230 bracket. Hopefully its possible.

mhmm s3 ah i would love to but im going to wait till i can push to an S3 one day. Thanks for the photos, just had a look through your thread some really nice progress on your car i love it. Glad im going for a lava grey now as i was adament on black at first but its time for a change.

Oddly enough what made me actually want to buy the a3 was a drive to work when i saw an a3 with that rear bumper. I was like hmm i want that car.

Going for the 1.8TFSi as remarkably its the cheapest for me to insure! even the 140 diesel was working out more for me and i really wanted to stick with a petrol. Im just hoping i can get it pushing comfortably in the 210-230 bracket. Hopefully its possible.

Cheers Fella. I was gonna go for black when i got my first A3 but decided on Lava Grey bit of a change most people say its black in the night anyway lol. From a remap you should get to 200bhp check AMD Essex, Revo or Custom Code out. If you PM a3_sline_tdi he got just the 2009 s-line rear bumper for sale. Then PM Dave @ Stoke Audi should be able to get the other parts cheaper than other main Audi Dealers.
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Thanks for the help ben, Its been bugging me for ages about the color been sitting at work wondering have i made the right choice. Everytime i see your car im like yep i have. But i need to remember it will be standard for a while as for the last 2 years the coilovers have driven me nuts on the previous car and i just want the comfort.

Bit annoyed i didnt get the xenon package on my one but everything else is still there, Its got the bose system which is a ****** as i wanted to change that all out for my JL audio 8w3 and focals. So again will just hold fire on it and wait to do that all later.

Also wish it came with the Audi CHs would have saved me buying them later. Will have photos up as soon as it arrives which is friday. Very excited now.