Key Lost - Any Help Appreciated?

Bailey

Reaction score
Hi people,

I have recently been away on holiday for the week I gave the trust in my parents to look after my A3 and keys. Having parked the car on the drive right at the back with no need to even move the thing I thought there could be no problems as the parents A4 avant was infront. I left instructions with them not to touch or move my car but just tick it over for 30 mins twice during my holiday. I usually take my keys away with me but this time i left them both with them, What a mistake it was!

Having come back today to actually use my car it appears that they have lost one of the keys (I dont know how or why but they are gone) They have been looking all day but can not find a thing. To say im not happy is an understatement. I have had the car for 2 years and never even lost anything and they have it for a week and one is gone! GRRRRRRRRRR :no:

Anyway enough of the background i need to get a new key fob, get a key cut and coded. is this an expensive process? I just need some ideas as I have never done this sort of thing before?

What exactly do I need to do in this process?

Are there key fobs on ebay I can get then cut and get coded? or do I have to go to Audi direct?

Can anyone help please?

I have still got one of the keys so i can imagine I can get a duplicate cut but im not 100% sure.

I have included a picture of the key fob which i still have for any reference.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Many Thanks

Bailey

Last edited:
i had this you could get one off ebay but it probably wont work i tired this no where could cut it at 1st as you have to cut the inside of the blade not the outside, then after i got the key cut i tried to get it coded but the engine locked the guy out everytime he tried to get in to get the imobiliser code also the code changes, he said there are two different codes and they switch each time you use it thats why its so hard for someone whos not dealer to do it, unless you could find someone who can code it definatly i would just go to audi i tried to do this last year they may have cracked it now though, at my local dealer it was £130 but others where £150 £120.

audi charge loads
get 1 from the bay and a blank
have it cut
and find someone to code it to the car

most auto sparkies will code them in for around 30 quid

from my experience audi are the only ones who can code them though as the code changes for the imobiliser. also if you buy one from ebay make sure it is blank as i bought one was told it was blank but the chip inside had already been coded so needed to spend more money to get a blank chip. also be careful you buy the correct style key.

i dont know who toild you only audi can code them
i know at least 15 ppl that can code them in

i did try and get it done last year when i had my old car and no one could even cut the blade then. and the switching imobiliser technology was only just being released to key cutters and coders. when you buy the key make sure it has the same mhz figure and the same part number as the key you already have.

i had key cut and coded on my 54 plate 05 build no probelms bought key of ebay

Has anyone got any links of the right one i would need to get off ebay? or is it just best to go direct to Audi? mines a 2005 model.

The immo chip if has been coded already cant be reused, so its true the keys cant be coded by anyone again once assigned to 1 car, although a new blank immo chip may work, but I only use audi for this job, mainly cause I dont trust anyone else, keys can be copied or more added to your car when you're not looking, hence car can be stolen/driven of your drive immediately with a working key, as others have experienced.

Thanks for all the help peeps. My dad found the key in his coat pocket today so I wont need to go through with this after all.

Just want to say thanks for the quickness of the help and responses though.

Bailey