Thule roof rack 3dr S3

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Has anyone used this particular roof rack? i'm having to look for an alternative way to transport my skis as my car isn't equipped with the through load system :(

hi , i have a set of thule roof bars , never used them but have been told they are ok.

I use a set of Handirack inflatables for my snowboard, pretty good design and very strong, can take 80kg. But I drove with them on, fully loaded from leeds to the alps and due to salty roads and movement in the racks whilst under way, the road salt started to wear away the lacker on my roof, so unfortunately have unpolishable lines going across my roof......

cheers Bott....looking around it looks like a £200 job for the ski fitment on top.... what did you pay all in? thule seem to sell the bits rather than full kits from what i have seen

Spencer, yeah i wouldnt consider that to be an option mate ;)

I've got Audi roof-bars and Thule bike racks - a lot of the kit is interchangeable between manufacturers. I got the Audi roof-bars cheap on eBay from someone that was selling their Audi, worth keeping an eye out for.

How many people are you going to have in the car ? If 3 or less, would you not consider just folding down half the rear seat and putting the skis diagonally in the boot ( in a ski-bag to keep things dry for after ski use obviously ) ?

yaks, i wish i had the sportback just for the roof rails, would make things so much easier...... to be fair i havent tried inside yet, just assumed that because ill have two suit cases. Theres only me and the misus so could probably manage with both seats down for the journey then diagonal as you say, if we struggle then at least ill know for future years.

Also a small part of me thought it'd look cool on the pictures having them roof mounted :)

oooh KArl..your a leg end....justed asked the question as to whether these are for the 8P or not, assume so with the 3 door comment but just making sure ;)