Any difference between A3 & A4 RS6 style rims?

TimG

Reaction score
Just looking at Ronal RS6 wheels. Ive established that the A4 sizes are 8x18 ET43 and the A3's 7.5x18 ET 54. Are there any other differences in the wheel at all?

When I look at the A4 ones they seem to look a little chubbier in the spoke than the A3 versions, making them appear smaller! Is this just my eyes?

Im looking for a set for my A3 & I think I'd actually prefer some A4 ones as the lower ofset will sit them out further in the arch saving the need for such large spacers! Im planning on running slightly stretched tyres & coilovers to get it sitting right....

SO are they identical other than the ofsets?

Yeah the A4 ones do look chubbier, they are also slightly more concave than the A3 version due to the lower offset. The A3 ones look more flat faced but it isnt obvious unless you know what your looking for.

A4 ones will look much better on your A3 as they will fill the arches better and the tyres will look very slightly stretched. unfortunately they will generally come with 235 tyres which will be no good for you so i'd go for 225/40 for a nivce ride or 215/35 if you want the current "scene" look and better clearance on your coilies.

I have the A3 ones for the winter, and the A4 ones for the summer (both with 225 40 18), and when placed next to each other, the only design difference between both is, as said above, that the A4 ones have more concave (which makes them better looking imo). The A4 ones do fit much better on an A3, the tires aren't so bulky beacuse of the 8" width, and they fill the arch much better (they stick out 17mm more to be exact).

★★★;1181458 said:
I have the A3 ones for the winter, and the A4 ones for the summer (both with 225 40 18), and when placed next to each other, the only design difference between both is, as said above, that the A4 ones have more concave (which makes them better looking imo). The A4 ones do fit much better on an A3, the tires aren't so bulky beacuse of the 8" width, and they fill the arch much better (they stick out 17mm more to be exact).

Totally agree the more concave the better, but are the A4 spokes actually chubbier then when you put them side by side? I keep looking at different photos of each & just cant decide! Dont suppose you have any pics for comparison do you?

Sure, A4 on the left, A3 on the right... I measured the spokes, and they are identical... so no, they are not chubbier.:happy:

21npriq.jpg

15hj2b8.jpg

This is how an 225 40 sits on an 8x18 inch...

261dlzn.jpg

And yes, coilovers are on the way :p

Thanks, very helpful. The 225 tyre on the 7.5" A3 rim on the car doesnt look as bulky as I thought it would in comparison actually. Is it the same brand of tyre?

I have some 215/40/18's to go onto the 8" rims when I get some, for that tiny bit more stretch.

photo3uw.jpg

Both Michelins, Pilot Alpins on the A3, Pilot Sport 3 on the A4's... in real life the difference between a 225 on an 7.5' or an 8' is much more visible.