HELP!!! steering wheel ECU settings

gynads

Reaction score
I have just fitted 1K0 953 549 AG a steering wheel controller from a golf GTi so as my MFSW function will work, I should of made a note of the settings before but like a balloon I didnt, can anyone give me the coding for an 07 s3 with MFSW cruise and RNSE. At the minute I have an airbag light, ESP fault and my steering is a lot heavier. Any help would be greatly received as I'm stressing out here!

Adam

VCDS should give you the code options when you open the controller ?

as above the helper box always shows up

Will that give me all the options for 4wd, and airbag etc etc

Coded it accordingly still no joy , stiill got air bag, ESP and steering faults

Try THIS, might just need setting up.
I once had a similar problem with various dash lights and stiff steering and it cleared it all up for me!

Cool thanks, I'll give it a whirl, what did you actually have to change on yours? The whole lot or just ABS/EDS/ASR/ESP (MK60) settings?

I think it was just the adaptation settings that worked for me, as soon as I went into them it automatically setup. My problem was slightly different to yours in that I plugged some new style clocks in and it messed everything up I never actually changed the coding.

These are the details I used and eventually it all worked !

It's from a pm I sent someone :-

These are the instructions your mate needs to follow for basic settings and also steering limit stop adaption:-

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...#Basic_Setting

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ial_Procedures

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...g_Wheel#Coding

When you code the steering wheel you may not have exactly those options but you will be able to see the choices that you need.

Hope this helps

Cheers​

Right! i think i have sorted the steering and esp issue! but still cant get MF etc to work, this iss the fault code im getting back

Saturday,19,February,2011,20:21:52:13314
VCDS Version: Release 908.0
Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 953 549 AG HW: 1K0 953 549 AG
Component and/or Version: J0527 036 0070
Software Coding: 0003042
Work Shop Code: WSC 01279 785 00200
2 Faults Found:
01426 - Controls in Steering Wheel (E221)
004 - No Signal/Communication
00888 - Wiper Switch for Intermittent Operation (E22)
014 - Defective

01426 - Controls in Steering Wheel (E221)

01426 - Controls in Steering Wheel (E221): No Signal/Communication

Possible Symptoms

• Multi-Function-Display (MFD) can not be operated
Possible Causes

• Steering Column Control Module Supply Voltage insufficient
  • Fuse(s) faulty
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Steering Wheel Controls faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Steering Column Control Module Supply Voltage
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Steering Wheel Controls
Special Notes

• When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): Steering Column Control Module
    • Check Fuse(s) SB2 (E-Box Low) or SB16 (E-Box High) in the Engine Compartment Fuse Box.
    • Check Connector T5k on the Steering Wheel Controls

I think i have sussed why my MF isno working! i need the harness adaptor thing! still got ABS light up but havent gone through these steps yet as my laptop battery died, Ive also still got the airbag warning light up and the horn doesnt work? but im wondering now if its because i dont have the harness? Anyone got one for sale!!

Do you mean you have fitted the airbag from a non-mfsw without changing the airbag wiring harness ?

If so, go to Audi and buy one for £23 ! Ask for airbag wiring harness for mfsw.

No, I went from a poverty spec non MF steering wheel, to a FBMFSW a while ago, at the time not realising i had a 'midline' steering controller, so eventually got hold of this one and not thinking i'd need the harness, looking at other posts, it looks like that will cure all?

Am i right in thinking 8J0 970 589B is the correct harness?