Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

MFSW oddities and other A3 changes

Hi folks,

Over the last two days, I've had a courtesy car as my A3 2.0 TDi went in to get (yet another) turbo replaced! (Another long story).

Anyway, on the 60 plate A3 1.8T that I got (with S-tronic), I see that Audi have made some changes that I found quite irritating.

First was the unlock door button on the drivers door is round the other way! Very annoying.

Second was somewhat illogical and it concerns the MFSW, on the left hand side scroll wheel when playing a CD and moving the scroll wheel in the UP direction, it moved the track backwards (i.e. from track 2 to 1), yet in my A3 (06 plate), it goes in what (to my mind) is more logical, to the NEXT track (i.e. track 2 to 3).

I'm sure mine did this before and I somehow managed to reverse the buttons so it works 'properly', any idea how it's done?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    VCDS !!!!

6th Gear

Status
    the track thing i guess is down to how you think of it. on my MFSW if you scroll up the track NUMBER goes up i.e. 1 to 2

but if you think of it as a list:

Track 1
    Track 2
    Track 3
    Track 4
    etc.

it makes sense for the scroll wheel to adjust the tracks in the way you're describing. tbh it took me a while to get used to the way that my MFSW adjusts tracks
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Neutral

Status
    I guess it's what you get used to but I prefer it the way it is in my current car rather than the courtesy one.

Maybe because I'm left handed, I always look at a list from the bottom to the top so what I have now suits me better. :-)

I take it VCDS is something to do with Vehicle Coding so if it's changeable then no issues.