AUDI A3 TDI, LOW AND SLOW!

MTW

Reaction score
thought id put my new purchase on here, im glad to be back in a VAG car!

so, basicly its an audi A3 TDi SE, with a few choice mods already.

07 front bumper
orange and black bentley splits
custom orange/tan leather trim
smoothed and frenched rear bumper
coilovers
orange audi rings
motech remap

things to come hopefully:

change of wheel colour/ possible change of wheels
lowwer the front
bodywork
sound system
rear wiper delete
carbon

so here she is, gave it a proper clean, clay bar, polish/ wax last night, must have been an ex E38 crew car? as it has the edition stickers on the wings

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

was too dark when i started taking pics again, plus didnt realise the windows must be slightly tinted! ill get some up asap

web-1.jpg

heres the interior, pic from the for sale thread

good thing its not yours then isnt it mate. so you dont have to.

Reactions: Riggaz_a3
will do mate, cheers, i didnt like the colours when i saw the pictures, but it works well in the flesh, with the interior. also looks alot lower in real life, as you cant see the black lips of the wheels in the pictures! makes the tires look massive!

thanks mate! deffinately an opinion splitter, so far 90 percent of people who saw pictures of it before i got it didnt like it, but now they have seen it in the flesh they do. the car is so much lower and wheel fitment is alot more aggressive in real life, and i still have another set of springs for the front to go about an inch lower, but cant because of the 9 inch wheels on the front, so they might have to go purely for that reason! its too high at the front

Not a fan of the orange personally but each to their own.

Those number plates are horrendous though, plus if a copper in a bad mood sees them you'll get a fine. If you're after some good quality (and UK legal) pressed metal plates get some dubmeister ones.

also on the to do list! ^^^

Sorry just no to them alloys. Each to there own or what ever but those are awful.

Well if you are ****** Mike.............I bet those orange wheels look great :)

Strange thing is i just posted that post on the other thread and it turned up on this one........(above)

Why buy an expensive Audi then make it look like a pimped Vauxhall Corsa ?

Reactions: richtea80
interiour looks good but them wheels:puke2:
as you say each to there own i am not a fan of 19 on A3's personally they look way to big for the car

There's a chap on here with lime green wheels. I'm sure you guys will get on great! I'm more of an OEM+ kinda guy, so I think they'd look better in silver or anthracite, but if you're happy with it then great! :icon_thumright:

I do not like that steering wheel at all tho. I'd definitely change that back to standard

Last edited:
I think what the OP is saying is.........he has bought a collection of parts here which with a little work could make a acceptable show type car. He is not asking anyone to judge it as it stands but just to see the potential.........I think :)

I seen a car like this on edition38 I think and rather liked it as a show piece. Changing rims back to polished/diamond cut lip with anthracite or similar centers would look nice imo. Get rid of orange rings for brushed aluminum to suit rim lip, rear S line/S3 tailgate spoiler and fanny's your aunt ;)

As I said to James who owned it before.

He completely ruined it with the black lips on the wheels, they look awful now.

Wheels looked better before in tan colour, rather than asbo orange.

9's on the front wont stop you going lower, if you get the tyre size right.

You rocking 215 35s or 225 35s?

:)

ill check out the tires tomorow, going to get the wheels rebuilt and mirror polished when the weather picks up

Good stuff, the black lips just make the tyres look wierd/ too big! Rest of the car is nice though dude ;)

yea i agree!!! in person its ok....but in pics it looks weird!

but there will be a big update soon as the car is going down to studioincar tomorow for a bit of a makeover, getting a modest soundsystem installed, and yes....the wheels and audi rings are changing colour!

yea im looking forward to it big time, heard nothing but good things about the dude! never had a proper sound system before!

other little bits aswell is the car is getting different springs on the front to go lowwer hopefully is we can sort out the rubbing issue.

and hopefully ill be getting some MY11 rear lights.

ordered some custom luxury mats.

and thinking about getting some yellow laminex on the fog lights (when the wheels ant rings are the different colour)

where did you order the mats from? i really want a nice set with silver piping but struggling to find anywhere!

got them from "simplycarmats" choose them because they seem to do the most colours and they do the 1500 weight thick mats

Loose the Orange and it would get my vote.

Each to their own though - it would be very boring on here if we all liked the same look.

Paul

thought id update proceedings a little, car should be back on saturday, ready for early edition sunday!

have a set of MY11 lights coming

the wheels are back from the refurb apparently looking awesome.

and everything is coming along very nicely apparently!

the pursuit of more lows is going well also so i have heard!

shakey is keeping me in the dark on this one! but hopefully it will be ready for early edition where it might be in the show and shine.

cant wait to see it!

and a boring update....

just got the custom mats through, seem pretty nice, not quite as "luxury" as i was expecting but hey, hopefully will match the carpet (oh and i got these mats because the car came with none!)

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

pretty boring, but there you go

Personally I don't like the wheels, or the interior (especially the steering wheel) or the badge on the grill! But if your happy with it, thats what count! Everyone has their own taste so don't let peoples opinions put you off! But do be careful though, try and mod it so it doesnt look chavy, or you might as well of baught yourself a Vauxhall Nova! ;)

yea mate likewise! hope i can make inters!

Personally I don't like the wheels, or the interior (especially the steering wheel) or the badge on the grill! But if your happy with it, thats what count! Everyone has their own taste so don't let peoples opinions put you off! But do be careful though, try and mod it so it doesnt look chavy, or you might as well of baught yourself a Vauxhall Nova! ;)

ha ha, im hunting for a flat bottom RS or S steering wheel as we speak, but the steering wheel in that picture has gone already, have a nice leather normal size momo in its place for now. and also as we speak the car now has no more orange!! along with a few other changes.... you just havent seen it yet! ;-)