AUDI A3 TDI, LOW AND SLOW!

IMG_1344.jpg

:puke2:

:wub::wub: WIN

Wow, looks sooooo much better with the changes! The orange bits were horid though!

Kinda agree with Dan about the plate... a tinted UK plate would look spot on with all the black.

Does anyone know where the best place is to get smoked plates?

See that is what i meant... i haven't actually heard of smoked number plates before thats why i asked... didn't expect a smart **** comment for asking such a simple question... not to mention you didn't even type it properly. :busted_cop:

Looks amazing Max, I'm off to see Carl soon too I think ;)

cheers mate, deffinatly do it mate, the guys a legend, cant recomend him enough!

Wow, looks sooooo much better with the changes! The orange bits were horid though!

Kinda agree with Dan about the plate... a tinted UK plate would look spot on with all the black.

Does anyone know where the best place is to get smoked plates?

cheers mate, im not sure about this smoked front plate business tho, not sure i like them....

plus i dont like the completely "murdered out" look...i think it looks gash when people start blacking plates and light and all that tbh

Fair comment, I like a bit of contrast too myself, a subtle tint on the plate might look nice though.

How did you achieve the extra drop on the front? Im guessing as you mentioned it, it wasnt just as simple as winding the coilovers down?

yea bit of a mare, had to remove the front helper springs and fabricate longer drop links to get the arb off the driveshaft!....but honestly i have noticed litterally no change in the ride!...if anything it feels better because the arb isnt fouling the driveshaft anymore (it was doing that when it was 1.5 inches higher)

makes all the difference tho, that little bit lowwer than most other A3's on coils :yes:

Talk to me.
I have no drop links or ARB.
Floor to arch measurement? I'm interested. I NEED to go down another inch.

ahhh well, you tell me yours ill tell you mine! i wouldnt mind going lowwer either but only a touch, but at the moment i can hardly squeeze my finger between the tire and the arch. ill measure up today ;-)

Looks so much better .I wouldnt mind those rims on my SB mmm
Might have a gander for some

thanks bud!, wheels will be for sale soon mate ;-)

Looks spanking now Max, love the interior makes me wish i kept my 280 momo! you will have to spill the beans on how you got it dropped so low!! serious looks good mate i think i might change my front end to go lower as with the sport bumper and splitter its a joke! so could do with info on how you did it.

install and interior is looking fresh! centre console grab handles looking good trimmed. MY11 lights suit better too with the darker look.

some clean plates and silver indys would be cool.

thanks mate, i love it! yea its a nicer wheel than the old one, if a bargain flat bottom comes up tho ill snap it up! its pretty easy mate, remove front helper springs and get the drop links fabricated longer! when you do that it brings the back down slightly, im happy with how its worked out tho, before the rim was about 5mm out of the arch, but now its brought it exactly in line with the arch, no poke, just flush!

just need to get some small spacers on the back now to get it perfect!

yea mate loving the MY11 lights, look so much better!

silver indys? whas one of those? lol

Talk to me.
I have no drop links or ARB.
Floor to arch measurement? I'm interested. I NEED to go down another inch.

my floor to arch on the front it 23.5 inches.

right...where did i put that C spanner!!!

Mate. If I had 4k laying around to throw at air, I wouldnt be driving an A3.

bro if ur thinking tt u do know that the tt and a3 have the same set up, struts etc so u can just transfere, ive had a quote of luke of 3k to supply a sick set up for mine. save save save

pic from early edition, thanks to vorsprung collective!

vorsprungcolect.jpg

Looking good!
Loving the orange interior.
You about Cardiff? Swear i've seen this car in the Royal Mail depo every time i've been there!

cheers mate, the previous owner is from wales and works for royal mail so yea same car!

mini update.

got some lamin-x, yellow and black, tried out the black....not sure on it myself

IMG_1633.jpg

really like yellow fogs, but dont know if it would work with the wheels etc, hmmm

turns out as the car is an 03 with an 07 s-line front, there were no fog light units behind the covers! so the glass/plastic was bonded in place....so cutting the lamin-x to fit was a bit of a challenge, and if you got down on your knees and had a propper look its not a tidy job...but cant tell just looking at it. :ph34r:

also fitted black plastic front rings, as the old silver ones i got painted just chipped right away :angry:

they are a bit sharper looking than the OEM ones, but look ok i think.

next on the cards is an OEM optics grill, as the painted silver grill is starting to look tatty :D

also another pic of the car and me at early edition!

shine.jpg

another lesson learnt is the car is not compatible with multi story car parks.......chasis colliding violently with concrete is not a sound i want to hear again!

yea mate...bad bad sound! hmmm the car isnt air worthy though that the thing, its a tatty old 03 a3, ill get in the air gang when i get an A8 :yes: whats the rear s-LINE consist of mate, bumper? already got my11 lights :)

Yeh bumper and valance, you can fit an S3 valance to the S-Line bumper if you want, when we meet up, I'll show you mine, I know what your saying about the 03 thing though :o.k:

ahhh right i see sounds good! yea mate ill have to have a butchers at yours see what the deal is, any news on the spacers brosef?

oh and dont suppose anyone knows a good place to pick up the optic grill pack?