2005 A3 1.6.....ruined (i think!!)

jimbobdavey

Reaction score

Hi,

I think my A3 is about to give up the ghost! The E.S.P warning light came on two weeks back, and has remained on almost constantly ever since, although it does intermittently turn off! Since yesterday its started to play up when starting, starts eventually but takes a little while to make its mind up! Then, when it does start the revs keep dropping out when idling causing the engine to stall every now and again, and to sound like a Sherman tank constantly! Then when I do eventually start accelerating it feels like the car is lacking in power, with intermittent surges of power like a turbo is kicking in....except I don' have a turbo!!!!

Any ideas what might be causing all of this? I want to sell the bl**dy thing soon so I want to get it sorted as soon as possible!

Thanks for any help​

just get it plugged in and find the codes
could be anything plugs etc etc

failing to start ,lacking power ,then sudden surges ?

sounds like a fuel pump problem

esp light could just be an abs sensor

Yeah, that's the plan to get the car hooked up to the computer, unfortunatley the mechanic I use cant fit me in until early next week, and i'm not convinced the car's going to last that long!!!!

Fuel pump sounds likely- the poor idling and lacking power problems have been ongoing for a while, Audi checked for fault codes about a year back but couldn't find any!? There conclusion was that the throttle bodies needed cleaning, which i had done....didn't work!!

I know it's a longshot but anybody know of someone in the Bristol area that might be available to take a look this weekend?!!

im goin to south wales weekend saturday
i could meet you at a services best i can do

im goin to south wales weekend saturday
i could meet you at a services best i can do
Fair play Bez that would be spot on, when are you going to Wales, Saturday morning?

What do you do a mobile diagnostics service, how much is it to have the car checked out?

If it's not too much of a pain in the *** for you let me know and we can sort out a time and a place.

well im setting off from sheff at 11/12 so should be passing bristol bout 2 230
if you can get to a services on my way ill just scan it for you will only take 20 mins so im not goin out my way i dont want paying for it
are you near the m5 side ?

Thanks for the offer Bez, not going to be around in the afternoon though, I'll be running around a cold muddy field kicking a ball about from 1:30 until 3:30 unfortunately!! Still top man for offering, and to do it for free as well, cant fault you buddy.